Tough night but now i have tears of JOY!!

Guest CI3arrage

Guest CI3arrage

So, i was with 1stSgt Silver Eupher in the Marines TS channel and i mentioned how much i wanted to get the SA80 (L85A2). He suggested we go and pub it up and got a few Marines to join us. We went in a 64 man public server and started pubbing. I kept trying to get that Defib kill but it was causing me to come so close but even nearer to someone else's bullet. Eventually i caught someone crouching by a container, charged up that Defib and BAM - you killed 2ndLT.ShadowOp!! I manage to catch sir off guard lining up a shot to kill a sniper. I became so happy and started to run around like a noob trying the get the assault rifle ribbons in the same round as the rest of the assignment requirements not caring if i die. I didn't manage to achieve it and felt quite disjointed.

I persevered and a couple of games later the 2ndLT was in my team and he came up with a genius idea. We both hid in a container and closed the doors. Soon enough there were many enemies surrounding us and we began opening and closing the door all the whilst i was there charging them defibs for maximum shock in to who ever wanted to be its victim. Some how 2ndLt got killed and told me to turn around. I did and BAM, i got killed just as i sent my shock to reduce the enemies KDR. Sir told me he had seen it on the kill stream, i had got it whooooooooo!

But wait one second, during the round i got revived and i couldn't move after accepting it. I was just there prone and alive but i couldn't get up or redeploy, i hadn't got the 3 assault rifle ribbons in the same round!! I was raging harder than Seaman Recruit Raven and had to be told to calm myself down. We eventually found out because i don't have premium, i couldn't get it anyway! A nights worth of silly deaths and frustrating punishment for nothing. Everyone else in the US can get it without premium but for some reason i couldn't, maybe its a UK or European thing. So i went and purchased premium (planned to get it soon anyway) and had a few games of Operation Locker to calm down and get the assault rifle ribbons because i was wrong about having to do it in the same round as the other tasks in the assignment. As soon as i had got them, i went into a conquest server and sent 3 campers to sleep with a 40mm round, pistol kill and a defib kill. I was so happy i was cheering like a little child. Ask Sgt Aristo if you want to hear how silly it must have sounded.

Why was i trying so hard and becoming so frustrated? Simply, it was my weapon during 4 years in the 1st Bn Grenadier Guards; I have so many memories with that 'bad boy'. It was there when my backside got beasted through 26 weeks of basic training. It was there every single time i guarded the Queen and the Royal Palaces. It was right next to me when i had to do a 24 mile march carrying about 80lbs of kit over the Brecon Beacons after a 12 hour advance to contact at night. It was there when i served in Iraq. It was there when i went to war in Afghanistan and i can tell you it proved a very competent weapon only giving me 1 stoppage the whole time and causing the enemy much misery.

Now it will be here with me again as i send people into early redeployment.

Petty Officer Third Class Obiter Dicta

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

Thanks for that story Petty Officer. Sounds like a great history you have with that gun.

Fortunately I was able to get this assignment the second time I tried it, in our 32-slots server. Operation lockers seems like a map where you can easily get the defib kill (I got two in the stairwell in Charlie, most of the enemies Camping there don't look their back.

The container-idea also sounds great for that kill.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Guest RET.SMA.VicVegas=US=

Good read Petty Officer. Congrats on getting your weapon of chose.

2ndLt.ShadowOp - with all due respect Sir. =US= Reg.32

Archived