I'm in LOVE

Guest RET.CPT.xXAirBorneXx=US=

Oh i guess i should have stated that those aren't mine... (yet) Was looking at some benchmarking for R9 290x Crossfired and they beat the Titan and the 780 in SLI performance especially on high resolution monitors. For all you Nvidia fan boys out there, here's the link so you don't think that I'm pulling these statistics out of my wazoo.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/11/01/amd_radeon_r9_290x_crossfire_video_card_review

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

I wish AMD was the premo card. Used to own one back in the day called a Viper Radeon ect. But every card I have tried to purchase overheated, drivers were horrible. This card is pretty beast but its down side is the HEAT, 95C is not good for any set of components(while gaming or benchmark). If you don't care to overclock and like loud noises emitting from your case then this is the card for you. The 290X and 780 were pretty much neck and neck on most benchmarks I have seen. Once you overclock the 780 then the 290X looses the race, the 290X runs way to hot. I honestly will not be surprised if the components within the card start to have issues. I run my 780's on benchmarks I never exceed 70C on max. I really wish AMD was the the star player. I have actually seen the 290 do better than the 290X as well. I think once the other manufacture come out with a aftermarket cooler this card will be king, but until they fix the heat on this card its very limited.

I'm open to any others input.

Your EVGA fan boy,

GEN.Darmine ;)

Sir I agree that it runs too hot, that's why I am going to wait for the non reference models to come out before I scoop one up. I just hope that I don't run into the problem like I did with my 7970 where the voltages are locked and I end up having to search forum after forum on a solution on how to increase the voltage.

Archived