Your Views on How the USA is going to react on the War in Syria

Guest Ckatska

Guest Warlord6664

I somewhat disagree with most posts with specific reasons.

American interests of being humanitarian and such is very B*&* (sorry for language) (If I am not allowed to censor curse please let me know!)

What matters to us most is the oil, an IRAN threating to close the free passage way to receive cruid oil caused stock prices per barrel to skyrocket. Anything that affects our american capitalism will cause america to intervene.

If america true was humanitarian then we would see Kony dead, all these genocide African countries under control, north korea being forced to open thier borders to allow for more food supply or many other world issues which exist but are never mentioned other than mily cirus twerking.

America will take some action, maybe not war but most likely air support will bomb key targets to threaten and remind them to calm the heck down.

But there is no economic benifit helping syria because no matter who they throw out of goverment there are many islamic radicals who are ready to take over the position, its all a matter on which one would take american bribe to follow our interests.

But again this is all discussion and a diffrient perspective to think about.

And i understand most of you are from the military as a job, but there is absolutly no denial that the economy drives our nations actions, above that understandning and reading the leaked cables have proven what the american goverment has been up too.

update 8/28:

Pentagon has already began making talking plans to use tomahawk missiles on 20 locations with the exception of chemical weapon facilities.

Guest RET.Capt.RUSHER16=US=

Agree general.

Right now it is not known if the government runs out of money to operate services.

agree general

but all i can say as i am from the uk it seems that what ever the USA does we follow, i think that:

1 the use of these weapons are well out of order.

2 i hope we dont do the same as we did in Iraq!!

3 do they actually know who used them? sourses keep contradicting each other!

4 and as from being in the uk our goverment is cutting our armed forces so much soon we wont be able to defend our own country! but they want to send them all over the world.

5 other countries need to stand up and be counted the USA and the UK cant keep peace around the world with very little help from others!

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
I want to post something for everyone to read, including current military of a guy who did some research on this country. Ill post below. This is why it really boggles my mind that our politicos think its necessary to help.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

Personal opinion time...get ready to send Funker some hate mail.

I consider myself a right wing conservative, anti-conspiracy theorist, and strongly believe that there are times when military action and use of force is the only option. I also believe that there are some men who are pure evil in this world, and should be dealt with accordingly.

That being said, after doing days of research on the Syrian conflict I found myself torn. My first instinct when I heard of the U.S. supporting the rebels in their fight against a tyrannical government was "Good, let's get the rebels guns, free some people, and help topple an oppressive government." I believe this same view was initially shared by the majority of those who wear the uniform.

Then confusion set in as it was proven that members of Al-Qaeda and other terrorist organizations were fighting along side the rebels, with the end goal of instating sharia law in Syria. We are about to put our entire support behind an organization that I personally fought against and lost friends to?

Then the chemical weapon strikes occurred and again I was torn. If the Syrian Army was in fact the only ones using chemical weapons against their people, that makes the rebels the lesser of two evils right? After slightly more digging I found that the U.N. reported that the FSA may have used chemical weapons back in May of 2013, and the mainstream media or U.S. government didn't bat an eye to it. Why?

Up until yesterday the only videos I had seen on the rebels were short combat clips of rag tag militants battling against a well armed military with tanks. After minimal digging, you quickly find videos released BY THE REBELS showcasing them executing women, beheading POW's, and even cutting out eating the raw heart of a Syrian solider. THIS IS WHO WE ARE HELPING GAIN POWER IN SYRIA?

It's hard to imagine what will happen if the U.S. does decide to strike, with Russia, China, and Iran threatening retaliation, and 91% of the North American population saying "Don't do it!". With the information I've gathered so far, I'd say I agree with the 91%.

I'm sure you all have your own opinions and I encourage you to share them in the comments. If you have proof that my claims in this post are false, PLEASE let me know. I'm not out to push any political agenda, I'm just looking to form an educated decision on this increasingly complex situation.

Thanks for reading guys,

~ Funker

Guest RhinoTech

I completely agree with the second to last paragraph of Funker's message.

Dan Dreiberg: What happened to us? What happened to the American Dream?

Edward Blake: "What happened to the American Dream?" It came true! You're lookin' at it...

Edward Blake: Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

[after the intruder kicks the door open]

Edward Blake: Just a matter of time, I suppose.

Guest Sagilevy

I would like to say that i preffer to live next to asad then Al-Qaeda

excuse me but hezbollah and hamas are inof for me i dont need Al-Qaeda to export metal now...(the explosive kind)

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

I know my own views, but just a few larger questions to throw out there (/* EDIT: Unless I missed these points being raised already... */):

1. Given the fact that China and Russia are strong strategic allies of Syria, plus the fact that Russia is continuing down its path of essentially re-uniting the old Soviet Bloc under the thinly veiled name "Eurasian Union", what are the long-term consequences of us engaging in the Syrian theater and igniting a powder keg?

2. Given that China has announced that it will pro-actively attempt to push negative global economic impacts if there is any military intervention in Syria, is it economically wise for us to intervene?

3. While Putin has said he will accede to UN measures, he's also said that he will not only complete their S-300 missile defense system in Syria if there are military steps taken, but he will also push to simply replace any assets destroyed by any US attacks. So the question is whether or not it will be effective to launch attacks into Syria?

Archived