Armed Forces Day

Guest SixUltra

Guest SixUltra

[align=center]http://www.defense.gov/afd/images/2013ArmedForcesDayThumb.jpg

President Harry S. Truman led the effort to establish a single holiday for citizens to come together and thank our military members for their[/align] patriotic service in support of our country.

[align=center]On August 31, 1949, Secretary of Defense Louis Johnson announced the creation of an Armed Forces Day to replace separate Army, Navy,[/align]Marine Corps and Air Force Days.This single day celebration stemmed from the unification of the Armed Forces under the Department of Defense.

On this Armed Forces Day, I would like to take this moment to thank all of you service members, past and present for your selfless sacrifice to this nation and its people. Thank you!!!

Guest Sagilevy

I would like to thank them as well for protecting more then just the USA and for serving as a deterrent force aginst war and terror.

Without all of the things they have done and will do, the Middle East would have been much worse(at least from israels point of view). so thank you

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=

To all who serve, have served, and are planning to serve: THANK YOU!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your families, because without you, I shudder to think where or what I would be.

Guest RET.PO2.Basman=US=
To all who serve, have served, and are planning to serve: THANK YOU!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your families, because without you, I shudder to think where or what I would be.

Archived