BF3 server bannination?

Guest rossonius

Guest rossonius

Hey all,

Not sure if this is the correct forum; couldn't find anything more related to "server issues", so putting it here in general.

I was on your BF3 server this evening with some of my clanmates, and we ended up getting banned after about 10 minutes. As close as we could tell, it was because one of our guys asked if the admins knew they could switch people themselves to balance teams. I guess he got banned for asking that? And then as the rest of us asked in chat what was up with the ban, we each got banned in turn without a warning/explanation.

Is this... standard server admin practice? Not sure if this was exactly the reason it all happened, so I thought I'd ask to see if something else had gone down that we missed or weren't aware of.

Cheers,

- >mace< rossonius

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

Here is the deal, when I ask for players to switch to even the teams that is what I expect. I do not need smart comments or snide comments just do it. You all were banned for a reason..

1) Do not talk back when a admin asks you, politely might i add to switch(I asked 3 times to even teams).

2) Calling me a power tripping newb will get you banned

3) Telling me in a smart ass way to learn how to switch teams will also get you banned.

4) Saying I banned you because you were winning. Which none of you were winning, in fact you were losing. will get you banned.

5) one of your members didn't get banned, because he was actually being respectful.

So next time you want results do as I say and if you have an issue handle it with respect or I will ban you and not say a word. I have no time to argue with pubbies when I am playing the game. I don't know how you run your clan nor do I care, but when in my server you better have respect and when admins say switch, DO IT!

You will remain banned until either I get a appoligy for your lude behavior or you can all remain on my ban list.

Your power tripping newb,

GEN.Darmine

Guest rossonius
Here is the deal, when I ask for players to switch to even the teams that is what I expect. I do not need smart comments or snide comments just do it. You all were banned for a reason..

1) Do not talk back when a admin asks you, politely might i add to switch(I asked 3 times to even teams).

2) Calling me a power tripping newb will get you banned

3) Telling me in a smart ass way to learn how to switch teams will also get you banned.

4) Saying I banned you because you were winning. Which none of you were winning, in fact you were loosing. will get you banned.

5) one of your members didn't get banned, because he was actually being respectful.

Dunno what was said after the first two or three bans were handed out; I think at that point guys were just getting frustrated and mouthy. I'm not contesting that.

The initial bans were what was confusing. If you're (1) politely asking for peeps to switch, there's about a 99% chance of people missing the in-game chat because of the (foolish) way BF3 chat was designed. This does not mean you're being ignored or snubbed. Nobody with our tags (2) called you that before the third or fourth ban. Smart-ass (3) is in the eye of the beholder, perhaps, with written text; asking if you can just switch players as an admin seems legit. If everyone listens to your suggestion and voluntarily tries to switch, then things will just get unbalanced in the other direction. Seems simpler to top-down have the admins decide who gets switched. Still, if you don't wanna do that that's your call and that's fine; seems like you could've just told our guy to 'stfu' before laying down the banhammer without explanation, however.

Don't know who said that (4) to you, but it was probably after the third or fourth ban as well. That's fair enough.

I'm not sure who didn't get banned (5), but I was one of the first three/four bans and literally all I typed were variations on the sentences "are there any admins on?" and "what's up with the ban?". So it's not as if only the mouthy ones were getting the boot.

Anyway, do as you will on your server. It just seemed like a strange over-reaction to the initial (innocent) comment from a guy asking why you didn't just want to switch players yourself, since it tends to be faster and simpler.

There are a lot of rude asses in any FPS game, BF3 included, so admins who are super-sensitized to that attitude get to be understandably common. Still, for those of us who aren't intentional ass***es (most of the time :roll: ), some benefit of the doubt goes a long way.

Cheers,

- >mace< rossonius

Edit: Adding this after your edit. The unban is up to you, it's okay either way. I was more just curious as to the source of the initial ban, since it seemed to come without warning and with no motivation that we could guess.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

I'm not "super sensitized" I usually give warning before a ban. As matter of fact 99.9% of the time i give warning and I never ban over nothing. The first person banned was being a smart ass even before that initial comment of "Your an admin why don't you do it".

The ban will remain for the rest, as for you since you had enough balls to come and contest it and in a respectful manner, I will lift your ban. The rest will remain banned. If I was you I would give a special thanks to "smokedart and Jayz702' seeings they were the biggest instigator.

Guest rossonius

Again, your server, and you should run it as you see fit, but my constructive criticism for the day: "Your an admin why don't you do it" is pretty mild fare when it comes to smart-assery, and wielding the banhammer over that without warning or in-game explanation seems excessive.

Some wires might also have been crossed: I don't know who Jayz702 is, certainly nobody who wears our tags. If his behavior was part of what led to perma-banning us in sequence, that might explain our confusion.

Smokedart was one of several who got mouthy after the third or fourth ban without apparent in-game response to his/our polite questions of why. Group frustration was high at that point, and I don't blame him.

Appreciate the ban lift for me, but there's not much motivation to return when group bans like these are dropped; I hope you understand why.

Cheers,

- >mace< rossonius

Archived