Windows 8

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=

Is anyone running Windows 8 or at least tried the release preview?

Does anyone else think it seems more like iOS on the iPad or iPhone?

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

I tried it out in a Virtual Machine (unfortunately I wasn't able yet to install it from an USB-stick and I don't have a DVD burner) and I kind of like it.

The metro screen needs getting used to, but after you found out what it is about, it is cool. I have an iPhone and iPad and I can't say it reminds me too much of these.

As I'm using Win8 on a PC I can clearly differentiate it from a mobile device.

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
I was thinking on more of how once you start an app it continues to run in the background until you kill it (at least that is the only way I can figure out how to do it). I have not installed any useful (programs I might use for work) software yet.

Guest Faiakitsune

Have tested it on my firewall comp,not enough /used for an opinion tough.

My only worry is,that many game developers have said it's a useless piece of junk :/

From my experience it runs faster than 7. There is a fair amount of changes and optimization behind the scenes, and tends to require a lot less memory to run. Once you are past the metro interface though its very similar to 7 with some really nice windows explorer improvements as well as the task manager.

Guest Snapptastic
Is anyone running Windows 8 or at least tried the release preview?

Does anyone else think it seems more like iOS on the iPad or iPhone?

Yes, that is the problem that most everyone has with it. I know that I WILL NOT be switching to this POS operating system. My favorite of all-time is XP and if they would refurnish that, I would have that back in a heartbeat.

Windows 8 looks like it's going to fail harder than Vista. It looks completely like a touchscreen interface.. Not something someone would use with a mouse.

Archived