What is your favorite old time game?

Guest PainKiller

Guest PainKiller

I was in TS earlier today and a few of us started talking about games in the olden days, on the NES and N64 and Gamecube and such. So what is your favorite old time game?

Mine is Rampage on the NES

Guest MadButcher
* ( Prepairs for the flaming)* Legend Of Zelda Orcarina Of Time Master Difficulty Edition Nintendo GameCube. Legend of zelda games are what got me interested in gaming. They are full of puzzles and have a good story line and if you played the master difficulty edition it made the game last longer seeing as enemies do double damage and your damage output is cut in half.

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=

ZORK (a ported version running on a PDP-11). My mom used to bring home a DEC terminal and connect to work via modem (the kind where you placed the telephone headset in a cradle that was connected to the terminal). Once she was done working, I got to play the game. Nothing like:

West of House

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

There is a small mailbox here.

>open mailbox

Opening the small mailbox reveals a leaflet.

>read leaflet

(Taken)

"WELCOME TO ZORK!

ZORK is a game of adventure, danger, and low cunning. In it you will explore some of the most amazing territory ever seen by mortals. No computer should be without one!"

Used green text for the memories. :)

Guest miyamotogL

For Console:

NES: my neighbor had one and we would spend entire weekends playing a ton of games (between him and his older brother, he had a lot): the Zeldas, Marios, Megaman, some weird 2 player snake eating egg game, etc..

SNES: parents bought me this and I only bought a couple games: Zelda ALTTP (best one of them all), Chronotrigger, Mario & Mario Kart; renting a ton of the other games.

SEGA Genesis: just rented games for this, never purchased any other than the original Sonic. My favorite version of Mortal Kombat is this version.

N64: parents bought me this when they wouldn't get a PS and only bought a couple games: Zelda OOT, Mario, Mario Kart, Goldeneye, but rented a ton.

PS & PS2: never owned these.

For PC:

The first games I remember playing were Gertrude's Secrets/Puzzles, Lemmings, Crystal Caves, etc.; my dad still has them all on 5 1/2" floppies. Years later, me and my neighbor would walk to a card shop near my house and play Doom, Descent, & Mechwarrior on their 4 computer LAN. This led my dad to give me his old PC every time he upgraded (386, Cyrix 6x86, etc.). You had to RTFM to build a PC back then. Eventually had 4 computers in my house networked to play Duke Nukem 3d. Me and a friend would LAN and Battle.NET Diablo, Starcraft, and Diablo II. Bought Half-Life after seeing my neighbor play it and found TFC and CS; played CS (beta 3 through v1.6) for over 8 years (with a couple excursions to play BF2, 2142, and ARMA I).

My favorite would have to be Zelda ALTTP followed fairly quickly by CS1.6, Duck3d, and Diablo I.

Golden Eye for N64

Jurassic Park for SEGA Genesis. Simple but extremely addictive playing as a Velociraptor eating everybody

Guest Element14

Barnstorming and Pitfall! on the Atari 2600 were my favorites, but R.C. Pro-Am for NES is the most memorable game for me. I have so many favorites on the NES though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Had an NES as a kid only think we had Mario 1,2 and 3.

Traded that in for Sega Genesis, had Sonic, Street Fighter. My favorite game was Streets of Rage, played that with my friends a lot. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on the fan version people made from scratch before they were forced to take it down http://www.bombergames.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1012 although I'm sure you can still find a copy. EDIT: Like here

Never owned a PS or N64, my friends did and I played Goldeneye until my eyes bled (there is a SOURCE engine version of this for free).

Got a Dreamcast, which was probably my favorite console to own. Lots of great games, I remember getting the first NFL 2K which blew away what I was used to for sports games (Madden 98 anyone?).

Got a PS2 eventually and that lasted me through college, mostly sports games like FIFA, and then also Guitar Hero.

Only got a 360 last Christmas, its mostly used as a media center now.

As for PC, my family didn't ever own a Windows, only Macs(to the day I am still the only person of 5 family members who have purchased a Windows computer/operating system). So in the olden days I played Mario Teaches Typing and Doom (I and II) as well as Wolfenstien 3D. I was then exposed to Starcraft and Diablo which took over my life for a long time.

Then someone showed me Mech Warrior 4, I loved it but had no PC so I could only play at friends houses. I ended up buying my first PC because of that game. Since no one in my family knew anything about them, I had to do everything and figure everything out when I ran into problems. After playing mech warrior for a few years I heard about BF2, played the demo, got addicted and bought the game. Found the =US= shortly after and have been here ever since.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=

I had over 60 SNES games. I liked Mario Kart, Super Mario World, the Madden games, Captain America and the Avengers, and a few others.

Favorite PSX games were Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy Tactics.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest KittyRiot

"Ikari warriors" was cool, but only in the arcade because you had to have that joystick that rotated. "Sinistar" was impossibly hard but it was fun, also it required that spinning joystick. I tried an emulated version of that on the pc, and it's wayyyy to hard for this donkey. I liked "Shinobi". "Cybersled" was a really fun arcade game imo....also a very old game. It was the first multiplayer arcade game that i remember.

Did anyone play "GeneWars" a.k.a. Blizzard's first game? It was olmost good.

Kitty

Goldeneye, TWINE actually, LoZ (OoT and MM), Turok 2 and Jet Force Gemini spring to mind on the N64, and I had a blast with Dark Forces II on the PC- back when level design was positively labyrinthine :)

Guest Gadzooks
Mortal Kombat on Sega Genesis and MarioKart on SNES took up a lot of my time as a kid. Doom is what got me into gaming though, and I played a ton of Civilization and the old Heroes of M&M games.

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
ZORK was first then Quake III got me into multi-player FPS. We actual played at the office during breaks and slow times. :) Mortal Kombat on a friends console also was fun. FINISH HIM!

Guest Disaster

on pc: lemmings, north & south, duke nukem 3d, diablo, warcraft ...

on game boy: the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, teenage mutant hero turtles, ...

some i can´t remember the console: mortal combat

and too much more i can´t remember

Archived