Anti-virus

Guest RET.SSgt. 8_Ball

Guest RET.Capt.Snipedeath=US=

Advast or avg I use advast either is good. They are the best for free I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
Avira is another good free anti-virus. As far as spyware programs, Malwarebytes is good. So is SUPERAntiSpyware. I use both of them. Remember, you can only use one anti-virus (generally) but multiple anti-spyware.

Guest Peace

I got kicked out of Best Buy yesterday because after standing in line for a battery replacement which was under warrranty I couldn't help but tell the person at the other geek to "by no means install norton into your computer, it will slow down your computer and you'd be better off with a virus" I began explaining how AVG was free and better and easy to delete if you found something better when the manager came up and said "No solicitating, I'm going to have to ask you to leave" to which i increased my volume to "I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW EXPLAINING SOMETHING THAT IS FREE CAN BE CALLED SOLICITATING, DON'T YOU MEAN PLEASE STOP COSTING US LOSS ON SELLING A WORTHLESS NORTON PRODUCT?"

hA HA HA

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Microsoft Security Essentials is my personal preference. Out of all the free options it has the least amount of bloat, and you don't even recognize its ever there. Plus you are always up to date with definitions since they download with Windows Update.

Guest SoupyFlow
I have used Avast, AVG, and Microsoft Security Essentials a lot. I would say my favorite is Avast or MSE. Just make sure you don't run more than one anti-virus program at one time, because they can cancel each other out.

Archived