Constitution continued.

Guest Devil-Dog

Guest RET.MAJ.Navy=US=
Buzzboi, if you spell democratic Republic with a small "d" and say it is representative, then you'd be correct. We are a republic because there is an executive, legislative, and judicial branch, and we are representative because the people don't vote directly for a candidate, they choose electors (electoral college). It's a democractic process for sure, but if we had a total Democracy, as in ancient greece, then everybody would vote, the majority would always win, and there would be noone to really guarantee the rights of teh minority. The rest, I will leave to you all to figure out and debate.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gamerk2
I use "Democracy" instead of "Representative Republic", because A: No Democracies will ever exist (like people would vote on every little thing :D ) B: Its shorter

Guest BuzzBoi315
One question creeps into my mind. Why is it that we believe in a democracy, yet there are none? If that is true, then we are totally hypocritical. We believe in one thing, yet use one that is much different. Why?

A Democracy is where everybody votes on every little thing that they want do. Can you imagine just trying to govern a town of 10000 people with a direct democracy? It'd be insane. Now try imagine trying to run a nation of 300 million with it. It wouldn't work. So we have a representative republic (which in all truth isn't much different from a representative democracy). So we aren't being hypocritical at all, really. When we say we're trying to spread democracy, we are saying that we want everyone to have a say in their government.

Guest BuzzBoi315
Yeah, so amybe we should change what we believe in. Since Democracy shouldn't even exist, as it is far too problematic, Maybe we should start believing in Representative Republics. Is that so hard to do?

Guest mrBlack=US=
I was recently in Panama... and a grown man cried before me after a conversation I instigated. He showed me scars of machete wounds from Columbian Rebels when he fled Columbia and was captured and then escaped. I didn't pursue the conversation. I spoke to a man and woman in Sicily when the Mafia was still in full violence in the country, and was told from an outside person to not ask more questions due to the torment the family had suffered. I won't elaborate... their reaction was enough. I have not been to Cuba, but the people fleeing is testimony enough. Castro assasinated Che Guevara because the good the man could have done for the country would have put Castro into a power struggle. Sierra Leonne. Men and women getting their hands cut off because they voted for a government that wanted to stop the exploitation of diamonds and the revenue that came with it. The list goes on... Continue this debate on Iraq, it is interesting to hear what you have to say. But consider this: Why are you fighting each other here verbally in this community we have created? Read about the world, understand, listen, and realize we are in stop-motion in a fight amongst ourselves, homo sapien sapiens. In summary, there's a lot more **** going on than this media entailed war in IRAQ. Get an education, learn to spell before you speak... and for ****'s sake, to those who respond negatively to this, [and I already know who will]... remember you are just like us: flesh and bone. Live together, die together, ... we are ****ing human beings. Respectfully, -mrBlack

Guest BuzzBoi315
Yeah, and that's the reason why I hate a lot of people in this world. Because I can. Because I'm Human. Because I'm flesh, blood, and bone. Sometimes I think that Iraq is worthless and we should just give up on them, and even bomb them into oblivion. Sometimes I think the entire Middle East is worthless and they don't deserve the right to live. We can't have peace, so I believe sometimes those that pray for peace should just shut up and live with the rest of us. I don't think you're wrong in any way. We should always know that we are human, always believe that we are susceptible to everything that everyone else is, and live with that proudly.

Guest Marky
[quote='CW2.mrBlack=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=37204#post37204']I was recently in Panama... and a grown man cried before me after a conversation I instigated. He showed me scars of machete wounds from Columbian Rebels when he fled Columbia and was captured and then escaped. I didn't pursue the conversation. I spoke to a man and woman in Sicily when the Mafia was still in full violence in the country, and was told from an outside person to not ask more questions due to the torment the family had suffered. I won't elaborate... their reaction was enough. I have not been to Cuba, but the people fleeing is testimony enough. Castro assasinated Che Guevara because the good the man could have done for the country would have put Castro into a power struggle. Sierra Leonne. Men and women getting their hands cut off because they voted for a government that wanted to stop the exploitation of diamonds and the revenue that came with it. The list goes on... Continue this debate on Iraq, it is interesting to hear what you have to say. But consider this: Why are you fighting each other here verbally in this community we have created? Read about the world, understand, listen, and realize we are in stop-motion in a fight amongst ourselves, homo sapien sapiens. In summary, there's a lot more **** going on than this media entailed war in IRAQ. Get an education, learn to spell before you speak... and for ****'s sake, to those who respond negatively to this, [and I already know who will]... remember you are just like us: flesh and bone. Live together, die together, ... we are ****ing human beings. Respectfully, -mrBlack[/quote] Bullseye

Guest RET.Capt.MustangMan94=US=
So I have read through a few but not all of these. Let me say a couple things. How many of you have been to Iraq, Afghanistan, or the Horn of Africa? These are the three major operational fronts in the War on Terror. I myself have done two tours and let me be the first to say there is a LOT the United States people will never know about. I have met some good people in Iraq; of ALL religions. I have heard stories of Saddam's torture and power. So let me say first please don't take anything that happens in this world and destroy it one way or another until your live through the experience people around the world have lived through. Secondly I have to agree completely with Mr.Black. Why does it seem that we as a human race thrive of confrontation. Like have this argument here is going to prove something or change anything. Yes CONVERSATION is good. Sitting down listening to both sides taking the good from the bad and let this community as a whole come to a sensible conclusion. This is what I believe is the true meaning of Democracy. Does it function like this now..... I Don't Care! First and foremost the soldiers creed reads: I am and American Soldier.... I am a warrior and a MEMBER OF A TEAM. Do you think all of us deployed over there believe in the same things have the same views as every other soldier out there? We don't we are just like everyone else but when you are deployed and have only those around you there are things you must realize. You only have you and your fellow man and woman to support you and insure survival. This means putting petty bull*** aside and working as a team. If a argument comes up like this one: Sit down tell your side, listen to the other and discuss. In this free world everyone is entitled to there own opinion. It is neither right or wrong because it is YOUR own. Remember that just because you believe something doesn't mean it's true or right. A teacher of mine once described it to me as this! He asked me if I considered cannibalism wrong? I of course replied yes and he looked at me and said, "Tell that to a cannibal." He then said that we all base and form our opines on what affects us in the world. If I were razed in a society that were cannibals then my opine would be different because of the different outside factors that influenced MY life. OK this was a lot longer than I hoped point being guys..... You have many brave Men, Woman, Fathers, Mothers, Brothers, Sister, etc., and etc. Fighting a war that many of them debate themselves. But they do it every day without hesitations for their families, themselves, and YOU! Please don't let some petty discussion that could be a chance for many of us to learn a new perspective and let our own opines be influenced or changed one what we believe to be true turn in to a all out fight were we are only aiming at proving a point or to make oneself seem bigger and better than another. Respectfully; SGT Barber aka 2LT.MustangMan94=US=

Guest BuzzBoi315
Mustang, I never said any of that what I said was right and true, but sometimes when I would have little spurts of hatred I would believe that. I know what the Soldier's Creed reads, as I have read it many times because of America's Army. I know that they can't afford to fight, or they'll die in the field. I can never devalue a soldier. Number one, because then I'd ruin my future, and number two, most of the people in this clan would never talk to me again for it. From what I know of most people, they hate change, and would almost do anything to stop it from happening. That was why 'hippies' were so hated back in the '60s, '70s, and '80s. And all the other problems that have happened in the past between us. It's also most likely why there is so much terrorism in the world. People will always hate change, and we can never resolve that fear. And, Ying, you got the wrong thread. I doubt they deleted your post, just you have an absence of mind.

Archived