Interested in joining

Guest Rancid

Guest Rancid

Hello all,

I just recently got my PC good to go to play some BC2 and eventually BF3. I have primarily been a console gamer for the last few years. I am very interested in joining, but am a little hesitant to do so now due to time constraints I will be subject to this summer. I could probably only squeeze in 2-4 hours per week for matches, practices, and meetings. By the time BF3 hits the market I should have much more time for commitments. So my question is should I hold off on applying for now?

I realize US wants members to stay active and I shouldn't have a problem keeping up on the forums, but practices and matches....maybe not so much for the near future...at least not able to consistently participate.

My BC2 profile name is rancid8883 if anyone is interested

I am 27, a former Marine (2001-2006) and currently a college student (which is why my summer is going to be shot)

Thanks for reading!

Guest RET.MG.Qotsa=US=

Hello and thanks for checking =US= out. Feel free to drop an app, Best I can say is we have our Meeting at 830 est on friday nights, Practice time will be depending on what branch your in. If you have Xfire we can chat there if you like or just fill it out and we can go from there. As long as your making a real effort to be active we do understand that real life comes first and would be glad to give you a shot.

http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/barracks/misc.php?do=form&fid=4

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

Thanks for checking us out!

I agree with qotsa, best thing to do is apply and join and see how the time constraints fit you. If it's too long, you can withdraw your app as if it never happened and then come on back when u have more time. To be honest, its not that much in the week you actually need to attend so it should be all gravy.

Guest Rancid
Thanks for the responses guys. I will likely drop an application in sometime next week when this semester finally comes to an end.

Guest Rancid
I am curious though about the MOS tab. I can't access that page, but does it mean that members assigned certain classes or positions in vehicles? Ya know so there aren't there aren't 3 sqauds of only snipers!! That's when you know it's going to be an ugly match when your entire team is running around with bolt actions and C4 :) Which is why I need to join a clan!

Guest RET.MG.Qotsa=US=
You will be able to access upon becoming a full member, MOS's are Kit specific training you can join.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
I am curious though about the MOS tab. I can't access that page, but does it mean that members assigned certain classes or positions in vehicles? Ya know so there aren't there aren't 3 sqauds of only snipers!! That's when you know it's going to be an ugly match when your entire team is running around with bolt actions and C4 :) Which is why I need to join a clan!

Currently, the MOS system allows us to get specialized training in a particular class. You aren't assigned a class or position in a vehicle, although the MOSes are designed so that you do need to spend time playing the class for your MOS. We do make sure that we field a well-balanced team.

Things might be changing a bit for BF3 and there are some ideas floating about, but there is nothing official yet. That being said, no one is every going to force you to play a kit you don't like. The point here is to have fun.

Guest RET.MCPO.MasterOfPuppets=US=

The MOS you end up choosing does not limit you to a certain class or kit combination, however it usually makes you better at that class and you start playing it more. But you won't have to worry about having 12 people running around with snippers, most of the clan members stick to what they're good at and it tends to be a good balance of classes.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
The MOS tab is only available to US members. Former members have attempted to copy our structure and MOS's, so basically we are trying to keep our internal business, internal.

Guest Rancid
The MOS you end up choosing does not limit you to a certain class or kit combination, however it usually makes you better at that class and you start playing it more. But you won't have to worry about having 12 people running around with snippers, most of the clan members stick to what they're good at and it tends to be a good balance of classes.

I'm trying to figure out what I am best with since switching to PC...It's funny because I have been playing BC2 since it came out, but up until recently I only played on Xbox where the engineer class was by far my best. I shot the SMG's better, I was beast with the RPG, and I was a Driver/pilot's best friend. However since being on PC the engineer class is by far my worst...for me to say I am a better sniper than an engineer at this point means I am really and truly an awful engineer. But once I get all my weapon unlocks I should be able to better evaluate myself.

Guest RastaGanja
Regardless of which MOS you choose were going to help you either way. But, with that being said choose the class which you play with most and basically go from there.

Archived