Random typing question

Guest Dill

I was wondering how everyone typed, for me my left hand is over shift-a-w-d with my thumb not doing anything on that hand, with my right hand on j-o-p-' with my right thumb doing the space bar. I also type faster then most at 80 wpm.

Guest SoundOfDeath
I don't type the "proper" way. My index and middle fingers do most of the typing with my hands moving around. I still type very fast though.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

^^ same here. I type with basically about 4 fingers, my pinkies do shift and ctrl and such and my right hand does most of they keyboard to the right of y and my left does the left of y. I can type pretty fast though. I think most gamers can type reasonably fast, due to the fact that you cant stop for more than 5 seconds in-game.

You know your a gamer when your hand hovers over WASD as soon as you get near a keyboard.

You know your CPT.Qotsa when your WASD is binded to your mouse.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
My fingers generally hover over the "home row" keys. I type in a pretty traditional manner.

Guest RET.MCPO.MasterOfPuppets=US=

You know your a gamer when your hand hovers over WASD as soon as you get near a keyboard.

You know your CPT.Qotsa when your WASD is binded to your mouse.

Sad but true almost always hover over the WASD cluster whenever I sit down at me desk. And Qotsa has some messed up controls.. I have no idea how he makes them work.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
Yeah same that WASD is first instinct when I first sit down... however, when I'm typing something I revert back to how I learned: left on ASDF and right on JKL; with both thumbs ready on spacebar. Used to type just about as fast as Dill but it's definitely gone down in speed and accuracy in the last several years.

Guest Fallen27
I also go straight for WASD when I sit down in front of a key board. However when typing I use only my index and middel fingers. I for some reason only use my left thumb on the space bar and my pinkies for shift and enter. I type really fast and I do think that that is because of how fast you need to type with in game.

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
Been typing on some form of computer or another since 1984 and I still use the hunt and peck method. It just doesn't take long to hunt, since I now know where all the keys are. I type somewhere around 40 words a minute with no mistakes using this method.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
I'm about 78 WPM last I checked. The strange thing about me is for the last 7 years I've never had a desk that could hold my stuff with a keyboard so I've become accustomed to having my keyboard in my lap. Been gaming that way for a long time. As for typing I try to keep my hands where they need to be but I guess most of the work is my 3 middle fingers of each and using my pinky for control and shift.

Guest RET.2ndLt.Crbstmp4Gsus=US=
I rest all my fingers on the home row but my two index fingers do all typing. Except my thumbs alternate on the space bar and my right pinky hits the return button. :shock: I know totally wrong and weird but somehow I trained my index fingers to memorize the keyboard. I would always look down at my fingers or remove the card board boxes they tried to teach us with in elementary school. I manage 70-90 words per min depending on how high my level of interest is at the moment.

Guest h4344
i just hover my hands over the board and use my 2 index fingers for letters and my left thumb for the space bar.

Guest CC.Decayed=US=

100-120 wpm, depending on what i'm typing, using home row keys, maybe 1 or 2 errors.

if it's just numbers on keypad,

then again, i type for a living.

Guest WarMachine
I just tested an online words per minute type test, and on the first try I got 65 wpm with no mistakes and 63 wpm with 1 mistake on the second try. But if I'm just free form typing I'm sure it's faster, when you're trying to copy something else you're much slower I think :)

Archived