Are any of you knuckleheads experienced in HVAC??

Guest RET.Realgrunt=US=

Guest RET.Realgrunt=US=
Title says it all. I have a Magic Heat reclaimer on my oil furnace. Does this thing actually help reclaim heat or is it just a goofy gizmo from the 70's. Does it encourage the buildup of soot from my exhaust? In theoryit sounds like it would improve the thermal efficiency of my older home by heating the air underneath my first floor allowing me to keep my thermostat lower since my first floor is colder then the second floor which gets too warm when my thermostat is higher. If you know what your talking about let me know.

Guest RET.Capt.Covert=US=
Title says it all. I have a Magic Heat reclaimer on my oil furnace. Does this thing actually help reclaim heat or is it just a goofy gizmo from the 70's. Does it encourage the buildup of soot from my exhaust? In theoryit sounds like it would improve the thermal efficiency of my older home by heating the air underneath my first floor allowing me to keep my thermostat lower since my first floor is colder then the second floor which gets too warm when my thermostat is higher. If you know what your talking about let me know.

Most of us nerd gamers don't know the first thing about that kinda stuff General. Just google it. LOL

Archived