I cheated on my computer.

Guest Dyaval

So i really think my old computer realized i was bringing another computer into the relationship because as soon as i turned the power on my new pc build to check to see if everything lit up, my old computer decided to do some OS files missing crap on me. and kept bringing me to some screen that when i tried to restore it it would lockup.that is why i havn't been on in 2 or 3 days. i was seriously just like >.>. anyways i got my old computer working/ i got no games no ts no photos no anime for grownups. no nothing. im sad. anyways i was wondering if anyone who knows about knew computers/raids/efi bios would be willing to help me. I'd rather talk in teamspeak than do this but if you could be on at any time today id greatly appreciate it.

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
So i really think my old computer realized i was bringing another computer into the relationship because as soon as i turned the power on my new pc build to check to see if everything lit up, my old computer decided to do some OS files missing crap on me. and kept bringing me to some screen that when i tried to restore it it would lockup.that is why i havn't been on in 2 or 3 days. i was seriously just like >.>. anyways i got my old computer working/ i got no games no ts no photos no anime for grownups. no nothing. im sad. anyways i was wondering if anyone who knows about knew computers/raids/efi bios would be willing to help me. I'd rather talk in teamspeak than do this but if you could be on at any time today id greatly appreciate it.

What do you need help with exactly?

installing windows 7, wondering why my computer , when i press the power on button, starts up / shuts down/ starts up/ shuts down / starts up then works. also my screen sometimes locksup at the efi bios screen thing when it says press delete to enter them. ill press delete and nothing will happen. also sometimes when my new computer boots up it won't recognize the mouse and keyboard so i can't do anything at that point, brand new mouse, new ish keyboard. also sometimes it skips past the efi bios enter screen menu and goes to a black screen and stays there. also i started installing windows 7 got to like 26 % and then had had a breaker go out or something because i left the room , at 25 % on installing windows, to go to the bathroom to spit some mucus into the toilet, and when i got back the computer had shutdown and i waited and it didn't try to restart itself. so i started it up and it gave me some windows 7 files missing . things to do , 1 restart your comp , 2 hit next and change your language? , 3 i dont even remember. anyways i restarted my comp and never got any screen telling me to do anything like this. it just started " completing installation" of windows. then it went to the desktop and i was all like ^.^ im victorious. but then it won't seem to pickup on my internet signal. anyways i restarted my comp and now all it does is lockup / skip past the efi bios screen and go to a black screen. also it still doing the startup shutdown start shutdown startup thing still. anyways long story short just wondering how do reformat a computer and at what screen do i do it. im gonna look online since my computer is up but just in case i can't get it to work i figured one of you guys would know. btw i can't get it to go to the windows screen any more.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

Yeah sounds like a classic case of corrupt windows files, which are easily fixed with a reformat, or painfully fixed by finding the corrupt files.

Heres how you reformat.

Insert your windows 7 recovery disc

boot/reboot the computer into the recovery disc

Just follow the on-screen instructions

this is a good guide

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/?q=node/366

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
-Computer restarts/shuts down multiple times before working

-Bios Option Freezing.

- Keyboard/Mouse not loading/working

-If it gets passed bios screen, the screen goes black.

This can be happening due to 2 reasons. #1. you windows installation did not properly finish and your hard drive needs to be Formatted and reinstalled.

#2. Your Bios issue can be the result of bad settings within the Bios which it will need to be reset, or it is a problem with your motherboard.

Your Mouse/Keyboard and internet issues can be linked to you Operating system not being installed correctly or due to the drivers have not been installed to tell your computer how to use them correctly.

I Recommend you Flash your Bios by unplugging your computer, moving the Motherboards Jumper over 1 pin, plugin and turn on your computer for 5 seconds, Turn off/unplug your computer and move the jumper back over 1 pin. (for further details i need to know the Motherboard Make/Model number)

To Reformat you Hard drive you should insert your Windows 7 CD and boot from the CD. It will come up with the Windows 7 Disk Menu's where you can select install Windows 7 and there will be a option to format and reinstall that you should select.(For further details or if your using a Windows 7 disk Image it would be easier to help you VIA TS.

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
my mobo is a p8p67 pro asus. looking through the manual for the jumper pin thing.

Alright, if you don't find it by the time i get home ill direct you to it via TS. Ill be hom in 1 hour.

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
You may have a battery not a jumper, or some of the board's even have a button.

Ya thats true. My MSI motherboard i am using has the Buttons for reseting/power down/flash bios and overclock lol. I am so use to just looking for the Jumper/Pins to flash the bios. Getting old.

Archived