new server

Guest Dyaval

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
I dont mean to be rude, but i think your wasting your money. If you look at how many servers we already have for bc2, how many actually get used and how many people are spending (in my opinion) wasted money i dont think you should get another server. I love the fact you are willing to put your money into the clan, but your best bet is to put it into the Chip-IN bit on the front page where it helps with our other servers. I do also believe you have to get permission from someone to put a server in our name, though i dont know the details.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
I think this server is supposed to be in conjunction/replace the Conquest server hosted in LA and provided by Capt.Skyler. More than one person had been talking about getting a replacement server due to lag issues.

but then said replacement should be bought by the clan/jcs/its leaders not the general public. it makes administration and protocol much easier plus it costs money to integrate into exiswting administration tools

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
How is vietnam going to work?, will we require a seperate server for vietnam? because people who don't have it will get kicked if multi-mode servers are allowed.

Guest RET.MG.Qotsa=US=
Just an idea, insted of ppl buying their own servers, Can we just upgrade if there is that option to a better server that isnt so laggy? I know for sure conquest on my end is horrible and is for quite a few in clan. Also just a bit of info, I asked one of the UK members to ping LA, Dallas, His ping was worst on LA, very bad on dallas, But he had the exact same speed as i do when ping to DC, I am greatfull to everyone that want to buy a server and to Capt.Skylar for getting the LA one. With all the resorces we have we should be able to come up with some sort of solution to this problem (Lagg) : ( Just my thoughts

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
We could address these issues and buy servers in all respective areas (LA, Dallas, DC, Euro) if instead of buying servers, people donated. By having people spend their money and just buy a server and then ask "how can we get this working with everything?", is frustrating. I'm not picking on Dyaval, there have been multiple others. Many members don't know how we manage our game servers and don't know the resources involved. Like the LT said it costs us extra money when we have to add servers to our procon layer and thats overhead people don't think about. It's also frustrating when people buy a server, I go through all the work of having it setup with all our admins and integrated into the site and then a few weeks later people don't want to pay and I have to take it all down. When we just use clan donations we can much more efficiently buy and manage servers without much hassle. Occasionally after the first month is paid for the purchaser starts looking for donations of their own as well which will take away from clan donations as a whole. This isn't to pick on anyone or say you can't help, it just works smoother and easier if you just donated to the clan. If you really think you can afford a monthly payment on a server you can talk with a member of the JCS and we can arrange so that with your donation money it goes to a new server that you will get admin too. I also know the chipin says we are overflowing with money but Darmine has already used a good amount to re-up our website and TS for a few months. He is in the process of getting me an updated chipin that I can put on the main page. But the link still works and you can always still donate!

so can we upgrade our current server? cuz that would be pretty cool. and i apologize Capt.Xander i didn't really think about the time wasted if i did decide to stop paying. just outa curiosity whats the best server money can buy? well within reason. reasonable being like 80$ a month

Archived