BF2142 Installation

Guest BigMac530

Guest BigMac530
Well i wouldn't know if the key is the problem because i didn't get to type it in. I got this game a while ago from Target, before i got BF2. How would i go about getting a replacement disc from EA?

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
[URL='http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34']This[/URL] is their replacement/warranty info. It looks like it would be $13.00 to get a replacement PC-CD, but I'm not sure how strict that 90 day policy is. I've seen it go both ways when a real human being sees the request and can understand the circumstances. Might just be better off trying to eBay this.... or send them a message on their support site [URL='http://support.ea.com/app/ask']here[/URL], but that end up being more of a hassle then it's worth. Also, the only reason I kept ragging on the key validation is because I think I read somewhere that some EA games tie a CD to a single account. So if the computer is online and the installer tries to connect to whatever server EA has that stores the account info, it might be kicking back an error to your installer that the CD has already been used to install the game X number of times or something. Not sure how likely that actually is, but that was the original thinking. It didn't freeze when offline, but then again you still got the same error.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
If you were to purchase another copy, I saw a few "Brand new" ones out on eBay that are at 0 bids on $0.99. :) Find one with free shipping and you might only have to spend a couple bucks.

i mean you have teh valid and legal Cd key right? i am sure there are "other" forms of getting a game on your computer other than using a cd. not going into specifics here but i guess you know what i mean..if u just get the program and not a cracked cd key its legally fine..

Archived