win 7 bfbc2 uploader help

Guest Hoth

ok so here is the thing i have windows 7 as of 2 days ago cuase i had to upgrade my comp its super fast and has a crap load of memory now bfbc2 is installed but for some reason all down loads since i got win 7 take forever and it somethings seem to be slower now on win 7 than when i had xp and everything is slow when i download when it was never that way on xp but my main thing is the uploader i have tryed for 3 days now to update bfbc2 and the uploader takes forever it stays on loader-00.fbrb on xp it downloaded/uploaded super fast what can i do to fix this so it actualy works.. by the rate its going now it wont be down til mid next month my comp and router and windows 7 are all up to date can any one please help me

Guest RET.MG.Qotsa=US=
possibly need to add it under acceptions in you anti virus program? I had to because it took forever to load up.

i am on wired and all my drivers are updated and so is my computer this is my computer Manufacturer: System manufacturer Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4400 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz Memory: 6144MB RAM Hard Drive: 800 GB Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 Monitor: Sound Card: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device) Speakers/Headphones: Keyboard: USB Root Hub Mouse: USB Root Hub Mouse Surface: Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621) Motherboard: dont know but its new Computer Case:

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
[QUOTE]i dont know macafee that well [/QUOTE] I used to use mcafee, personally i would switch to something like kaspersky, its alot better. Right-click the McAfee icon in the notification area at the far right of the taskbar. Open the McAfee Personal Firewall Plus console. On the left navigation bar, select Internet Applications. Hopefully that works, thats how it was when i used mcafee

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
I'd disable your firewall while doing the update. But beyond that, you just have to wait it out. The updater takes forever to update after a clean install of bc2. I've installed it on three different computers with Windows 7 now and it always takes forever.

Guest oXJerXo
Wow about time someone asked a question I have some experience with :P I'm also running Windows 7 and had the same issue back when I was running Vista. There are several network related services that don't really do any good unless you're talking to other Wiindows 7 or Server 2008 machines. For starter try these 2 things. I thought there was more to it but it's possible I have more email to search through so it this doesn't fix the problem let me know. You shouldn't ever have to disable your firewall as a long term solution or there would be no point in having one! [B]1 - [/B]Turn Windows features on or off, Remote Differential Compression (turn this off) [B]2 -[/B] The long [URL='http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistahardware/thread/b939f346-bb5c-441c-ab45-f32aae9e7749/']answer [/URL]- The short version: Open up an elevated command prompt. Enter the following command to disable auto-tuning: [COLOR='blue']netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled[/COLOR] If you found that this doesn’t fix your problem, you can turn it back on by: Open up an elevated command prompt. Enter the following command to enable auto-tuning [COLOR='blue']netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal[/COLOR] You can use this command to view the states of the TCP global parameters: [COLOR='blue']netsh interface tcp show global[/COLOR] Which should output something like this: [COLOR='darkorchid']C:\Windows\system32>netsh interface tcp show global Querying active state... TCP Global Parameters ---------------------------------------------- Receive-Side Scaling State : enabled Chimney Offload State : enabled Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level : disabled Add-On Congestion Control Provider : none ECN Capability : disabled RFC 1323 Timestamps : disabled C:\Windows\system32>[/COLOR]

thanks guys all of you thanks to all of you i got it working.. had to call at&at and they fixed my router and something else and had to take of macafee for a minute and it is working fine..

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
Sorry I couldn't help. I did not have a clue, it all worked fine for me. Glad to see you got it working.

Archived