Workout Routines

Guest RET.CPO.Channler=US=

So what do you guys do for a workout besides playing video games? Me I follow crossfit pretty religiously cause it s a great ass kicker. I'd love to do some martial arts but I really haven't had the opportunity yet. Besides that I just follow the functional fitness concept.. Whatever I do has to have some sort of real world application. For instance think of the bicep curl. How many time in nature do you replicate this movement? Sure your biceps are gonna get big but alls your doing is increasing strength and not endurance and flexibility when you could be doing it all at the same time. Anyways, any other interesting workout routines?

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=
My favorite are push-ups, helps you develop chest and triceps muscles. Real world application? Every woman loves a man with a sexy chest. :D

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
I have a little routine i do every night before i go to sleep, do the same thing in the morning. Other than that and a little running im pretty unhealthy :P

Guest RET.Capt.Covert=US=
[quote='CPO.Channler=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=69814#post69814']So what do you guys do for a workout besides playing video games? Me I follow crossfit pretty religiously cause it s a great ass kicker. I'd love to do some martial arts but I really haven't had the opportunity yet. Besides that I just follow the functional fitness concept.. Whatever I do has to have some sort of real world application. For instance think of the bicep curl. How many time in nature do you replicate this movement? Sure your biceps are gonna get big but alls your doing is increasing strength and not endurance and flexibility when you could be doing it all at the same time. Anyways, any other interesting workout routines?[/QUOTE] I do this in a different order throughout the day: Eat, Work, Play with Son, Spend time with Wife, Play a game or two, then sleep...thats my daily workout. Running after my son constitutes for Heavy Cardio.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
Push up are great, they improve you whole upper body strength and the "push up" can be modified to target different muscles by changing the width between your hands. Another great one is situps, these are great for anyone they immensely improve your core strength, balance and overall health, they can be modified by having your legs in the air, keeping your hands behind your head. Don't forget about side situps, laying on your side and performing the situp, or back situps, laying on your stomach and sitting up in reverse(be careful here). Squats are also great for your leg stregnth, but i think their boring so i do burpees, they target your whole body and its simply amazing to see people die after doing ten of these :D. Ok so now for a routine, at home i start with stretching my arms and legs(i do this regularly as i do taekwondo aswell), i usually spend about 15-20 minutes just stretching, hold each stretch for at least 8 seconds and stretch everything, dont just do your favorite stretches. Next i start with 20 push ups and then 20 situps and then 5 burpees, i do this 5 times, giving 5 reps of each. I do this every second day between taekwondo. At taewondo i might run for about 10 mins, stretch for 15-20 mins, do about 40 situps 40 pushups and 10 burpees(not to mentions a whole range of other stuff like leap frogging a person 10 times), next we would practice kicks, either focusing on defence techniques, attack tecnhiques, hand techniques or sparring. To end it we might do another 20 push ups, 20 star jumps and 20 situps. We would then stretch for 5 minutes to warm down focusing mainly on the legs(taekwondo is mainly kicking). Does this work? YES!!, at the start of the year i could only do around 20 pushups in 60 seconds and be exhausted. Now i beat the school record with 67 pushups(they were correct, everyone was watching :D) in 60 seconds and not be exhausted. Its all about putting in time and "consistent" effort and you will easily be able achieve your goals. And for a side note, i hate gyms, i don't know why, but all their equipment train 1 or two muscles and when you get out in the real world its useless because your not using your muscles in the same way the machine was so your not as strong, sure they can help your bicpes and abs and such, but its nothing a lot of push ups and situps cant do

Guest Deadon
I have been doing MMA for about the past 6 years, it keeps me in decent shape. Other then that I have to lift and run for wrestling.

Guest RET.SSgt. 8_Ball
i do sit ups/crunches and push ups at night before bed if i feel like it and when its not to hot outside i run

[quote='SgtMaj. 8_Ball=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=69837#post69837']i do sit ups/crunches and push ups at night before bed if i feel like it and when its not to hot outside i run[/QUOTE] And if your still in NC I know you aint been runnin outside.

Guest Chavez
Simple exercises that target very specific muscles or muscle groups are great for toning or bringing up that particular muscle/group, i.e. the bicep curl in your example. Conversely, compound exercises that work multiple muscle groups are generally a better way to build total-body fitness and, as you mentioned, have more "real world" applicability. A basic way to identify simple vs. compound exercises is to identify the number of joints used/flexed during a single rep, regardless of whether you're lifting weights or doing calisthenics.

[quote='SA.Chavez=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=69847#post69847']Simple exercises that target very specific muscles or muscle groups are great for toning or bringing up that particular muscle/group, i.e. the bicep curl in your example. Conversely, compound exercises that work multiple muscle groups are generally a better way to build total-body fitness and, as you mentioned, have more "real world" applicability. A basic way to identify simple vs. compound exercises is to identify the number of joints used/flexed during a single rep, regardless of whether you're lifting weights or doing calisthenics.[/QUOTE] Im glad someone see's what I'm saying, good man. To be honest when I do any type of functional fitness exercise I always feel better then say if I just do standard supersets down in the gym. Theres something horrifically entertaining when you've worked your body so hard you need someone to help you do the simple things.. like climb some stairs or get into to bed. I'm big into mountain climbing so I've felt like this a few days. Which leads me to another thought; if I disapear during the winter time its probably because I perished during a snow storm on some mountain. Just a heads up.

Archived