Where are you from and what is something unique about it

Guest SepticTea

Guest SepticTea
I live in Humboldt County California. We are infamously known for the largest area of illegal marijuanna grows since the early 1970s. We are located 5 hours North of San Francisco. Located around 6 rivers in the Redwoods bordering the pacific ocean.

Guest CDT.Civoen=US=
North East England, known for absolutely nothing of worth nowadays. Used to be a huge coal mining area until the mid-1980s though.

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=
I grew up in the Denver metro area in Colorado. The area is home to two superfund cleanup sites — Rocky Flats and the Rocky Mountain National Arsenal. Colorado weirdly has a high concentration of aerospace companies, likely because of the proximity to the USAF Academy in Colorado Springs.

Guest PFC.Roman2099=US=
I live in Winnipeg, MB. Pretty much the Center of Canada. Sir. William Stephenson, who was a real spy, was the inspiration for James Bond.

Guest PFC.ImmoralKiwi=US=

Originally from Bay of Islands, New Zealand, now living in Finland for the past 7 years. Something unique about New Zealand - we have the world's longest name for a place, coming in at a total of 85 letters (in Maori, NZ's native language):

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Which roughly translates to: The summit where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, the slider, climber of mountains, the land-swallower who travelled about, played his kōauau to his loved one.

Certainly a mouthful.

Guest Uzziah
Colorado Springs. There's a huge 1950s / 60's era anti-nuclear bunker buried in the heart of a mountain here - I believe it's where NORAD is located. Apparently the main blast doors are like 15 feet thick tempered steel or something and the entire main facility is built on top of humongous steel springs to attempt to absorb the shock of a direct hit to the mountain. I think the consensus now though is that with modern yields, the facility is toast if it gets hit. Still cool though.