Graphics issue.

Guest Krawll

Guest Krawll
There is no Save all Events as.. Other wise I got that far. Can't seem to figure out how to save them. only open a saved file. And no that last one was not answered. Also not sure how to search for files recently modified. You guys are really making me feel like a newb lol. I want to say I really appreciate all the help everyone is giving me. I really appreciate it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
If it didn't give you a report then you probably don't have a problem. You can try this aswell [url]http://www.memtest.org/[/url] Just scroll down, download the binary version and run it and you should get a report. It could also be your CPU is dieing or got shocked somehow and is damaged. Do you only get the jitter when your in game?, it could be a ram overflow or a graphics card memory overflow.

Guest oXJerXo
[quote='SFC.Krawll=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=66796#post66796']There is no Save all Events as.. Other wise I got that far. Can't seem to figure out how to save them. only open a saved file. Also not sure how to search for files recently modified. [/QUOTE] Did you say you were using Windows 7, if not what OS? If so, what edition? I'm using Ultimate edition.

Guest Krawll
Well. I reinstalled windows to see if it was a driver issue and it was a fail. It is even worse then before. I am all out of ideas.

Guest Krawll
SO....out of sheer frustration I completely disassembled my computer. I used an entire can of compressed air and blew off every spec of dust i could find. reapplied CPU cooling and put the entire thing back together minus 1 stick of ram. IT WORKED!!!. So at this point I am going "DAMN! I have a messed up piece of ram!". So I put the second of ram in to make sure it was messed up and what do you know. IT WORKED!!!.....I SO HAPPY! I want to thank everyone for all the effort they put in to help me with this issue. To show my appreciation I will be donating $25 to the clan tomorrow. Thanks again everyone. Not only have you helped me fix my problem but you have taught me a lot of good computer tricks and tools. Much appreciated.

Guest oXJerXo
I think the 2 key things here were reinstalling Windows and re-seating all of your hardware. I figured you wanted to avoid the OS reinstall so I wanted to see your logs before recommending that. Good to hear you're back up and running.

Guest Krawll
Last night after about an hour of playing I did start seeing a little bit of stutter. Hope it's not coming back. Time will tell.

Guest Senth
[quote='SFC.Krawll=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=66854#post66854']Last night after about an hour of playing I did start seeing a little bit of stutter. Hope it's not coming back. Time will tell.[/QUOTE] From the looks of it .. might be bad ram. is the ram unganged or ganged? if its not unganged try to gang them. I had some artifact problems but after ganging the ram it went away. you can change that in ur bios. Peeps say Unganged is faster but i used both setting and seems like there is not performance difference.

Guest CC.Decayed=US=
no, it is basically just a setting that says should each core use all the sticks or only one of the sticks. it's usually faster unganged cause then you have each stick only used by specific cores where with ganged it kinda spreads it out. it's worth a try though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Senth
whats the MOBO maker and model number . Usually its under advanced chipset feature for phoenix bios dram config settin- advance memry setting . always is ganged but to check if ur memory is ganged or unganged download cpu-z and check ur ram tab it will tell u ganged or unganged.

Guest oXJerXo
Good luck LT! Hit me up on MSN if you run into any snags. I'm at work but leave it running. Well assuming you have another computer, doesn't everyone have 2 these days? [email]vikesrock556@hotmail.com[/email]

Guest Krawll
Got this after playing BC2 on max graphics (FPS 55+ constant). only played for about 35 min or so. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 124 BCP1: 0000000000000000 BCP2: FFFFFA8004DC9028 BCP3: 00000000B20C2000 BCP4: 0000000000000175 OS Version: 6_1_7600 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 768_1 Anyone know what the hell that means?

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
It was probably a one off error, if it happens frequently though theres a problem

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
every blue screen makes a dump file. there is more information in there. there is also a setting to change it from full dump to minidump pending on how much info you want.

Guest oXJerXo
Do you recall the error message? It's usually some words separated by an underscore. Here is my favorite blue screen troubleshooting resource. [url]http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc750081.aspx[/url]

Guest Krawll
Senth helped me find the log report and th problem was one of my processor cores. Turned cool and Quite off and i havent had the problem since. Also I do have my CPU OCed. If it happends again I will turn the OC off.

Guest Senth
Glad i could help you out. I think the main problem was the previous setup u had made the CPu be overclocked twice First from the mulitipler then the MOBO voltage OCing (asus version of turboboost,turbocore). So what it did was it oc twice and the voltage got out of wacked. so the current voltage of regular muliplier of 3.8 should be around 1.4 to 1.5 but once the mobo oc kicks in . it over volt the cpu and making it crash. Usually mobo OCing feature are for non BE cpu or ur cpu running at regular clock speed. also disable Cpu and PCie Spread spectrum from ur bios.

Guest Krawll
Well...Comp died completely on me last night in the middle of a practice with no way to tell you guys what happened. I am at work at the moment so that is why I am able to talk. So here is the skinny. Basically, I give up. I am taking a long break from my computer or any computer. I will be taking a leave in which I will not be able to get a hold of nor will I be able to check the forums for updates. I am taking some vacation time from my work and visiting some family in Orange county. I have ran out of any patience I have left. Most of you know in real like i went through some anger issues and had to go through some stuff to take care of it. I do not want to become that person again so I am taking this break. Thanks. As far is the problem with my computer. It died. I restarted it. Went to mother board screen then restarted. I turned computer off, opened her up and noticed that my Harddrive was REALLY FRICKEN HOT!. I let everyone cool down. Started computer up again. I noticed my CPU fan was running really fast. I went in to bios and my CPU was running 43c and the CPU fan was running at 8K rpms. That is way too much! Took the CPU out and let it cool down. Still doing the same thing. CPU fan running very fast and Harddrive getting really hot. Oh...and at this point I can get to the screen where it says start windows recovery check or start windows normally. Recovery caused the computer to Blue screen and the start windows normally causes it to restart before ever reaching a windows screen. At this point I replaced the hard drive to my old one. SAME THING. When I try reinstall windows, to reformat the harddrive and all that, it blue screens. I may be wrong but it sounds like faulty CPU to me. I can't tell. Anywho that is what is going on.

Guest Senth
hmm... 43c on ur cpu is normal temp. If heat is a issue then leave the side panel of ur comp open.how many fans u have? and what cpu heat sink you using? also when u reinstall windows did u put the cpu clock speed at regular?. I say clear cmos (takeout the onboard battery for 1 min) and use default setting reset hard drive priority. turn off ALL oc If u still get bsod then one of ur hardware is damaged If i start from scratch: download all the lastest driver for your system put it in a flash drive or cd. take out any hardware that is on pci or pcie. install only 1 hard drive that ur going to put ur os in cpu and ram. use ur onboard vga port for ur monitor boot computer to bios make ur setting all to default no ocing dont change ram speed too just make everything default. install windows in this setting. then install ur drivers for ur mobo, lan, sound, chipset. put in your gpu card. go into bios change video out to pcie from onboard install video card driver dont over clock yet (install cpuz and speedfan to check voltage and temp ) (install Prime 95 or intelburntest to see ur system is stable)these are stress test. installl game and see if its stable. If stable increase ur multplier little bit at a time. as long you stay under 1.5 voltage ur fine also normal quad amd temp hovers around 35 to 40 idle 40 to 50 load. so if think ur idle temp is high start downclocking can u give me ur spec of ur computer to see if there is any other issue beside this. If its not stable at regular stock speed then you might of fried the cpu.

Archived