Graphics issue.

Guest Krawll

Guest Krawll
I don't know what is going on here. I tried setting up my new Motherboard in a new case with all my good stuff but realized that my ram wasn't compatible. So I put my computer back together it was before. Not I am having an issue where my game is figiting. I don't know what it is called so I couldn't look up the problem on google. When I am in game I am running my regular 40-60 FPS but it does not feel like it because like every 10 frames it freezes for 2. It is very annoying and I just cannot play like that. I have already ripped out half my hair. If someone know what the hell this is or what causing it...please help. Also there are new drivers out for my video card but I can't update it. Every time I uninstall it, when i restart my comp, windows just install the old one again. I already have windows set to "DO NOT AUTOMATICLY INSTALL MY SHIT!" and it is still not working. I have tried going to the drivers and selecting the Update driver option but when i look for my driver that I downlaoded it says that the one that is installed is the updated version. I have never had so many bad issues with my comp internally. SOMEONE!! please help me. I am going nuts here.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RET.2ndLt.Crbstmp4Gsus=US=
I would holler at Xander but he is in Florida for a week or so

Guest CC.Decayed=US=
Two things I would try. Swap out the ram. If you have one in slot 1 and the other in slot 2, switch them vice versa. also, do you use drivercleaner pro?

Guest Senth
Driver cleaner pro is a program that erase all the files that has to do with a driver. So for instance. Want to get rid of Nvidia old driver. the program erase all the driver file,Registry or programs that is associates with the driver. So when u install the new driver there wont be conflicts. When doing fresh install of MOBo, Video card, sound card drivers. I use that program. Also use that program in safe mode, no internet so that the windows wont install automatic

Guest CC.Decayed=US=
Yeah it's safe, it removes all traces of the driver, it's very useful if you are ever having any problems related to vid card

Guest Krawll
Whats the URL. I am finding alot of DriverCleaners -EDIT- I found the site but its payed use only. I may be cheap but I don't think it's worth buying at the moment. I found some free versions but they don't work with Win7.

Guest CC.Decayed=US=
version 1.5 isn't explicitly made for win7 however, that is what I use with no problems [url]http://www.afterdawn.com/software/security/system_cleanup/driver_cleaner_pro.cfm[/url] doesn't sound like a good idle speed, did you physically install it on ur new mobo?

Guest Krawll
Yeah I installed it but never turned the comp on. Not the ram though. the socket didnt match. I did figure out how to install the drivers though. Windows was downloading it from my internet connection. I just unplugged it and it didnt install again. But I am still having the same issues. I had also checked to make sure the Ram was in the right slots. Nothing seems to be working.

Guest CC.Decayed=US=
Have you tried swapping the Ram too? Usually they can interchange, but sometimes they mysteriously work better in different slots...

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
Ok so here my "try and pray" soloutions. 1. Run diagnostics, Spy Bot S&D, the diagnostic tools in your bios and possible any other tools you have to diagnose problems, even memory diagnostics which can take forever. Post the results 2. It may be a faulty connection with your video card, if its PCIe take it out, and this may sound stupid but grab a can of compressed air and blow the pci slot and your card where they meet to dislodge any dust, check and recheck your connections. 3. Power, and a lack of power can cause problems like stuttering, upgrade your power supply, or ask a friend if you can borrow theirs and test if that fixes the problem. Alternatively try a different power cord if there is another available. If you know enough about electronics you can use a multimeter and make sure that everything if operating at correct voltage and that there is no line leakage(be sure to ground yourself). Its also worth checking if any connections are bridged(shorted), if you accidentally knocked a component while installing other parts it could have fallen between 2 lines on the motherboard check for any thing like this, also check your screws and make sure their not bridging any connections. DO NOT USE A MAGNETIC SCREWDRIVER!!! 4. Static, when you built your computer did you ground your self? Even the tiniest bit of static can permanently damage computer components, and just because its covered in plastic doesn't mean it cant be shocked. Try your old video card with the new computer and see if that works, you could have a faulty video card. You could also try your old ram to see if that works. 5. Cables, Check internal and external cables, even the ones that connect to your screen, Also on that note is your screen faulty? test that by connecting another computer up. 6. Hard drive, if your using an old hard-drive this could be the issue, try a different hard-drive and see if it solves the problem. Basically try to isolate the problem, using the "guess-and-check" method. If you can isolate the problem there is a much higher chance of fixing it. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of this. Also could you post what components you upgraded? and what components you previously had in your computer

Guest Krawll
No is no actual upgrading. My ram wasn't compatible so I put everything back into my old computer. I am going to try a lot of these options today. Only one I don't know how to use is the #1. Never heard of the Spy Bot S&D. Once I test out what I can, I will post results. Oh...who in their right mind would use a magnetic screwdriver around electronics? lol STUTTERING is the exact work I was looking for. I have an 800Watt power supply. It should be getting plenty of power. -Edit- I have concluded that it is not my video card. I just put another one in and I am having the same problem. I had 2 250s for when I get my SLI set up. I just switched them and it is doing the same thing. BTW. This is what my BC2 is doing [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOBSfeEx9Nw[/url] and this [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMSRc-WYIAk[/url] (Towards the end. Watch the rocks as they are by the screen)

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
when you installed the incompatible memory in the slot. Did you force it in? This sounds like your memory's timing is off or you damaged one of the pins/strips on the memory. Do you get slight mouse stutters when just fooling on the computer?

Guest Krawll
I noticed right away that it wasn't compatible. It was not forced in. If one of the sticks is damaged, should i just try with one stick in at a time? Not sure how well BC2 will play with 1 stick of 2GB. Not sure what you mean by mouse stutter but I haven't noticed anything.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
Firstly try a simple system restore back to before this started to happen, it may be more driver/software issue rather than hardware.

Guest Krawll
Seems my system restore didnt save any points before yesterday, after i put everything back togather.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
If you think its a memory problem you should probably run a memory diagnostic. [url]http://www.recipester.org/Recipe:Run_Memory_Diagnostics_in_Windows_7_27141679[/url] Thats assuming your using windows 7

Guest oXJerXo
I browsed this quick so I apologize if this has already been mentioned. When you reinstalled the old memory on your motherboard what slots did you put it in? You probably want to use 1 and 3 or 2 and 4. Does the BIOS see all of your memory? Does your PC blue screen or reboot often? Anything in the event logs?

Guest Krawll
[quote='PVT.oXJerXo=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=66755#post66755']I browsed this quick so I apologize if this has already been mentioned. When you reinstalled the old memory on your motherboard what slots did you put it in? You probably want to use 1 and 3 or 2 and 4. Does the BIOS see all of your memory? Does your PC blue screen or reboot often? Anything in the event logs?[/QUOTE] Me and Storm did some experimenting with the memory. Trying differant slots and I consulted my Manual. I Have 2 yellow and 2 black. I can fill 2 yellow, 2 black, or all. I can't put one in yellow and one in black. Bois is registering all my memory. No blue screens.

Guest Krawll
Tried the Diagnostic and it I am not getting a report from it. It says it is going to give me one when windows restarts and I log in but its not

Guest oXJerXo
Most memory issues, or hardware problems for that matter, I have seen tend to cause a reboot or a blue screen. I'm guessiing you put everything back together exactally the same way it was origionally? I'm thinking driver of some sort. If you want I'll take a look at your event logs. Right click 'My Comptuer', select 'Manage', open 'Event Viewer', open 'Windows Logs', right click the 'Application Log' and 'System Log' and choose 'Save All Events As ...' for each and email a copy of them to me. As far as finding the diagnostic report goes try searching for files modified today and sort them by date/time. I don't have much besides a couple browsers open at the moment. I'm running Windows 7 and I'm using about 1.23 GB of RAM (I'm not sure this one was ever answered).

Archived