Battlefield V Reveal

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

Guest Killjointica
I'm looking forward to the release. But as much as I would love to pre-order right here right now, I'm going to wait and see if a beta is released to see how the game feels and runs on my PC. According to the supposed minimum requirements. But then again, there are a number of games I've played that require a higher end CPU. So I'm honestly under the impression that BF5 will be fairly well optimized. Though correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it using Frostbite 4 whereas BF1 used Frostbite 3? Though Frostbite has never had any real problems to my understanding.

Guest Pluckmuckel

I think the minimum and max requirements will be reasonable because Nvidia is not planning to release the 11 series any time soon. Plus, the game still needs to look good on PS4/Xbox One. At E3, they are running BFV on the 1080 TI.

At E3, BFV appears to be getting good feedback. DICE appears to be leaning into what made Battlefield games great and more importantly the gunplay has been tighten up. I'm can't wait for the beta, which will hopefully be released in August.

Guest RET.SSG.Fire56=US=

so a few thoughts,

first, it looks like they have kept some armor mechanics from BF1, angles are still important (anyone remember my armor practice those lessons will still come in handy). Second, limited ammo for tanks!!!!!! finally, they are addressing op nature of tanks (I'm looking at you @SSgt.mparsons=US=... Since you have limited options to fight armor, I like this limiting their firepower. Third, 3D spotting almost gone, as far as the clan goes this means tightening up those tac coms, this Battlefield is going to require faster, precise, and to the point communication, map knowledge is going to be huge. Fourth Grand Operations, ok I am actually really pumped about that, BF1 did ok with the operations but I think DICE is kicking it up a notch here. Fifth, recoil looks turned up and random bullet deviation looks to be gone!!! (it's about time, really) Sixth, THE V1 BUZZ BOMB... need I say more? The only thing missing so far is the good old m1 "ping" on clip ejection... All in all I think this has the potential to bring battlefield back, don't get me wrong I love BF1 but I understand why alot of the core players did not. I stripped a video of gameplay and ran the audio through audition... the sound design is amazing, the grenades have some interesting sound signatures.

Guest marpla

@RET.SSG.Fire56=US= first... great seeing you again!!!!

The only thing im worried about is extra camping/ambush around the ammo/health resupply point.

Looking forward for some tank action myself too, hope this game bring old good members back to the clan!

@RET.SSG.Fire56=US= first... great seeing you again!!!!

The only thing im worried about is extra camping/ambush around the ammo/health resupply point.

Looking forward for some tank action myself too, hope this game bring old good members back to the clan!

It's true, but if they're camping on ammo they aren't attacking somewhere else :) All adds up to a more overall strategic approach to the gameplay as opposed to round robin in conquest. They are free to hold that ammo stop if that helps their strat.

This is going to be like a match on gunpowder to some people, but to me it's a huge win --- it sounds like BF5 is set to reward camping equally to attacking since both are now legitimate approaches to helping the team overall. No more deriding campers! :P

Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=
so a few thoughts,

first, it looks like they have kept some armor mechanics from BF1, angles are still important (anyone remember my armor practice those lessons will still come in handy). Second, limited ammo for tanks!!!!!! finally, they are addressing op nature of tanks (I'm looking at you @SSgt.mparsons=US=... Since you have limited options to fight armor, I like this limiting their firepower. Third, 3D spotting almost gone, as far as the clan goes this means tightening up those tac coms, this Battlefield is going to require faster, precise, and to the point communication, map knowledge is going to be huge. Fourth Grand Operations, ok I am actually really pumped about that, BF1 did ok with the operations but I think DICE is kicking it up a notch here. Fifth, recoil looks turned up and random bullet deviation looks to be gone!!! (it's about time, really) Sixth, THE V1 BUZZ BOMB... need I say more? The only thing missing so far is the good old m1 "ping" on clip ejection... All in all I think this has the potential to bring battlefield back, don't get me wrong I love BF1 but I understand why alot of the core players did not. I stripped a video of gameplay and ran the audio through audition... the sound design is amazing, the grenades have some interesting sound signatures.

SSG,

I would have to agree with Marpla - great to see you pop on the forums again :)

After watching all of the videos, FINALLY we are bringing some REAL strategy into this game. Players are going to have to really rely on teamwork and cohesion to get them job done - all the more reason why clans will be HUGE in this game!

Looking forward to this :)

Oh hey, just noticed this about spotting:

rather than spamming a button to make a reticule pop above enemy heads for easy points and make for easy targets, you can now only bring attention to locations in the terrain. In other words if a couple of enemies are hiding the other side of an abandoned train, you’re limited to pointing out the obstacle itself rather than the enemies.

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/battlefield-5-release-date-gameplay-3231890#htw5VZCsODIL3Wuh.99

That's pretty awesome actually, totally missed that nuance, although it's quite a critical one. Dorito over an area or obstacle, not the individual.

Also, in the Combined Arms co-op mode, there will be a random objective generator so it's not the same missions on repeat. Big win as well there, I really miss a good co-op mode from various games gone by.

Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=

Interesting, sir, because in the actual multiplayer game mode it stated there will be "limited spotting" - which translates to only certain people (like Scouts) may be able to actually spot for the team. I wonder what the final game will actually give us? I like the idea of not spotting people - really does play to a more realistic shooter.

And the queuing system is great because that's how Siege is played - players can only be highlighted using certain Operators abilities - but the queuing system is something Siege players know very well.

"Reinforce this wall here." Player then queues the wall and a small indicator will pop up on the screen (unless you have the player muted, you will see it). So, this will be an easy transition for Siege players :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pluckmuckel
I got an invite to the BFV Closed Alpha, which starts tomorrow. No NDA, so I will be giving as much feedback as possible.

Guest RET.CPT.Distortion=US=
The Alpha is released gentleman, Watch streams of it, play your hearts out, need all the feedback we can get. So far, it feels like it is just a better re skinned BF1. I really hope im wrong. Everyone that plays the Alpha, Post as much feedback as you can.

Guest RET.CPT.Vogts=US=
I am waiting on feedback of the Members lucky enough to be in the Alpha, let us know!

Guest RET.CPT.Hammerwolf53=US=

Hey Guys,

Got a Alpha key for BF5 today. Look for yours! Might take it for a spin. 8o

Hope everyone is doing well!

Guest Pluckmuckel

IMO so far, the TTK is faster than BF1, but with the the everyone can revive mechanic, I didn't seem to affect the overall gameplay. In fact, between the revive and new spawning mechanic I felt like I was in action on the battlefield a lot more. Also, all the weapons alpha feel distinctly difference. If this holds true with weapons within classes and archetypes, this could mean one of two things: the return of everyone using the same weapons (M416 vs AEK vs F2000) or more variety in weapon choices. If the progression lives up to the hype, I wonder if it will lead to a meta setup considering the TTK. It's going to be hard to balance.

The limit ammo hasn't been an issue so far. I saw plenty of ammo packs on the ground. The map is very busy and saturated. Very easy for enemies to get lost in the graphical chaos if they are not moving, which may be the point, but it's a bit too much with the snow. In this current build, the player movement is little rough, especially compared to BF1. The teammate animations though are a nice touch. Looks more believable albeit subtle. Same goes for the custom outfits. I didn't notice them until the game wanted me to notice.

I will be playing a lot over the weekend to test out more of the new mechanics. For instance, the build mechanic came in handy once, but in general I kept forgetting about it. And smoke is effective, maybe too effective. The new spotting mechanic will make working as a team more rewarding since you can create waypoints quickly on the fly. And flanking is more viable in BFV since the enemy can only mark your last known location. However, it appears that if you place your crosshairs over an enemy they will be identified while they are visible. But only your UI will be be affected. So depending on the angle, you may only see the marker or the marked and enemy. Likewise, no more spamming Q to shoot triangle through smoke.

That's all for now.

Guest Pluckmuckel

As a follow up, after my post, I played recon for 30 mins on a more stable server. I think the limited ammo will bring scouts into the battlefield. The best spots are around the ammo crates near flags or anywhere where a supports can safely spawn on you. Headshots replace the sweet spot. Body shots require a follow up if starting at full health.

On the more stable server, the player movement was much better. A bit slower than BF1. Feels more weighted, but fluid when working as designed. Heavy snow and particle effects will cribble 1080TI, so my 1070 OC didn't stand a chance. I believe it will be optimize by release. It's not that bad. I had everything set to Ultra with all the fancy filters and processing turned on and my framerate seemed pretty good overall, when I was on the better server. I will test it tonight.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
HI. Im on the hype train and I like where its going! My only thing is I hope they are more clan friendly this time around and we get dedicated servers ect.

Guest MadMonkey

I am cranking a steady 144 frames with a 1070, I locked it at 144 but was hitting the low 200s to 180 with only a few drops below 144 when there was a lot of debris/explosions/ect. I also tuned down the graphics a bit and turned off all filters and post processing that I could. Ran like butter for the most part and still looked great.

It was brutal with the 1070 trying to make it super pretty.

Guest Killjointica

Well I didn't see the e-mail, but I have the closed alpha code as well. Downloading as I type this. Hopefully can get a few hours in and see how it is since I can't find a lick of information on when the closed alpha ends. Maybe a few more days, hopefully.

Edit: I'll drop my PC's current specs after I get an idea how well it runs. My setup is now the same as it was before I killed the last motherboard.

Guest Pluckmuckel

The game uses Future Frame Rendering, which can't be turned off at the moment. I'm sure it's having a negative effect on performance. To keep it pretty, I turned textures and lighting down to High, which resulted in 60 FPS. I'm sure if turn off the filters and reduce settings to High, I could hit 100-144 FPS. Not bad for Alpha build, and considering DICE track record for optimizing the Frostbite engine, I'm not worried that the game will look great on GTX1060 and above (the recommended specs). I also turned the brightness up to 58% to help with the saturation in dark and smokey area. At the moment, Medics have smoke and it appears to be very useful for revives and moving across open fields because gone is the spam spotting. But, I have rarely if ever resupplied grenades of any kind, so you have to use them wisely. On that note, grenade spam is gone in this build.

The TTK/revive gameplay is the best version I've ever played. They might tweak it, but at the moment it's hard to abuse. When you die, there's a short delay between the death animation and the icon appearing for the revive. If you factor in the longer revive time for squadmates and medic, this slows down the number the revives a single person can make. However, the brilliance of the new squadmate spawn means the last man standing has more of an impact. Overall, I feel like this is the most realized version of Battlefield. For instance, scoring points as a squad actually impacts the battlefield. The squad leaders V1 Rocket can clear a flag. I feel like the tank is less effective, but can help with pushing. Aslo note that the Rocket Launcher has a limited range. The support players, like myself, are even more critical because you're sidearm will see plenty of use. The ammo boxes on flags help reduce the frustration should you live long enough and no ammo bags. The ammo boxes are also smartly placed.

I'm likely the pacing. The Zerg mentality from BF1 is gone. Fortifying a flag is not a waste time and not doing so puts you at a disadvantage when defending, but worth the trade-off should you lose the flag and need to retake, especially since finding a cover is a premium. Tap firing is back. Sniper headshots are deadly. You move slower, so it's hard to run for cover if being shot at. Attack/Defend seems to be the philosophy this go-round. After capturing a flag, your squad will heal, resupply and fortify/defend against counter-attack before moving to the next flag. I'm loving it.

Guest Pluckmuckel

A few more observations. You can destroy the ammo and meds crates at the spawns and flags, which can be rebuilt. You can add fortification near some.

You can only be revived if one or more squad members are alive, meaning you live and die as a squad. This means medics can't revive you as well. The makes squad wipes/last man standing even more critical.

Let's just hope all this focus on teamwork translates to better clan/platoon support, and by extension, server control.

Guest reesonnz
I didnt manage to get a Alpha key as i think my origin settings were not setup to participate in such alphas. But wondered if anyone knew anything about the Beta that im guessing will happen? WIll it be an open Beta or will it be limited keys given out? If so how can one attain one or atleast improve ones chances? Super pumped for BFV as it looks like that so far that DICE has fixed the majority of things wrong with BF1 and shaping up to a game that will suit clan play very well.

Guest RET.SSG.Fire56=US=

So a few things I have noticed so far:

TTK feels much better

player movement is slower, not sluggish just slower, getting caught out in the open isn't a good thing.

work as a team with your squad gets you some nice perks...

fear the v1...

for the time being planes are not automatically troop killers

20 points of damage per solid panzerfaust hit.... are you kidding me!!!!

the sounds are amazing, for instance you here the follower rattle as you get close to empty with the bren

building fortifications helps... alot, but it can also be used against you...

Tanks can help you hold an objective, but at least on the map in the alpha they are cumbersome in some situations and can't maneuver to safety easily

getting revived can be very disorientating

machine guns in tanks do overheat AND need to be reloaded...

Flak guns feel a little weak

all in all I like what I see so far, the random deviation is gone making the support class a viable class again, recoil is heavier but manageable

I miss my limpet charge... dynamite just isn't as fun :(

Guest Pluckmuckel
I didnt manage to get a Alpha key as i think my origin settings were not setup to participate in such alphas. But wondered if anyone knew anything about the Beta that im guessing will happen? WIll it be an open Beta or will it be limited keys given out? If so how can one attain one or atleast improve ones chances? Super pumped for BFV as it looks like that so far that DICE has fixed the majority of things wrong with BF1 and shaping up to a game that will suit clan play very well.

It appears you have to or it helps to opt into the testing program. From what I hear, it will be an Open Beta in August most likely. The way you have to work as a team is remarkable. Most objectives are lightly fortified. If you used the V1 Rocket and then capture, you will want to refortify. Your teammates will need to provide cover while reviving. The game moves a lot slower and you can't waste rounds, so in the alpha I haven't seen teammates throw their lives away.

Archived