BC2 Start Up Problems

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Sometimes when I try and start up BC2 the updater comes up, goes away, I can see in my processes that BC2GAME.exe is running with about 23k of memory. My xfire even says i'm running it. But nothing comes up. No splash screen, no intro video, not even sound. I've tried ending the process and starting over, only starting the game not the updater. The only thing that works is after a reboot of my whole computer I can pull it up and run it. Any ideas? Specs: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz Memory: 3072MB RAM Hard Drive: 500 GB Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ Monitor: SyncMaster 931B/931BF/931BA/930BA(Digital) Sound Card: Headphones (High Definition Audio Device) Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255) Motherboard: ASUS P6T-SE

Hmm, theiving's post makes me wonder if you may be able to reinstall your video card drivers to take care of the issue. Of course I would uninstall the old ones first, then boot into safe mode and fully remove them with Driver Cleaner, then install the new and see if that works. YOu could also try updating directx. Yes it may already be installed, but Ive experienced problems similar and reinstalling dx fixed it.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
My card is fine, I updated the drivers when they came out 3-25. The problem seems to be with xfire. At first I thought it was TS3 for some reason, but it seems to be a problem with xfire. I have installed DX11 on my machine. Even though my card only supports DX10.1 install DX11 doesn't hurt any. I have a feeling its something to do with xfires "in game renderer" i've switched between 9,10, and 11 and it happens for each. It must've been a bug from the last xfire update.

Guest RET.Capt.MustangMan94=US=
Sounds like a process or a services is hanging on start up. Possible the punk buster. I had it happen a few times with the old BF2. Try manually restarting the services for it and see if it works. Could be the reason why you need to reboot the computer to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Looks like even though my dxdiag said I had DX11, my card only supports DX10 so when I set it to that in xfire it starts up the game no problem. Must've screwed it up the first few times i tried it.

Archived