Night Ops!

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

If anyone already posted this, let me know... this sounds awesome! And yes, I can't stand Zavod but this sounds AMAZING if EA pulled it off properly :)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/battlefield-4-night-operations-tactical-strategy-guide/

What changes when playing a Battlefield 4™ map that takes place at night? How can you best exploit this new setting and come out the victor? This tactical guide will get you started and ready for nighttime play in Battlefield 4 Night Operations when it releases in September 2015.

[img-half]http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/battlelog/prod/61d099d23fe104fe673091d470c96970/en_US/blog/en/files/2015/08/20150811_BF4_Nightops2_silosoldier_org.jpg?v=1439456003.08[/img-half]

ON THE GRAVEYARD SHIFT

The new night map, Zavod: Graveyard Shift (based off of Zavod 311), is dark and has several differences to its daylight counterpart.

Here are some examples:

Destructible lights

At night, the map is littered with destructible lights, which you can use to your advantage. Want to make sure you gain the upper hand using night vision scopes? Take all lights out in an area and prey on your enemies!

Ground Level fog

At night, the exterior areas are blanketed in a thick fog – this fog makes it very hard to spot players on the ground from above – unless you sport a night vision scope…

Vehicle lights

All vehicles have lights, which makes anyone inside an easy target – don’t use vehicles if you want to stay hidden!

Flanking routes

With darkness descending on the map, using flanking routes on the side of the map is a very viable tactic to get around the center area and take a backside objective from the enemy.

Use new Gun Master to your advantage

We’ve added a new Gun Master weapon preset with night vision and utility in mind – use to practice night time play if you haven’t unlocked all the needed gadgets yet. It really shines when played on the alternate Gun Master layout on Zavod: Graveyard Shift!

[img-half]http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/battlelog/prod/61d099d23fe104fe673091d470c96970/en_US/blog/en/files/2015/08/20150811_BF4_Nightops2_gunmaster_org.jpg?v=1439456003.08[/img-half]

STEALTH GAMEPLAY AND TACTICS

Battlefield 4 Night Operations release includes several improvements to “gadgets of the night” and their usability on the Battlefield.

Think about what cues you give off:

Sprinting

Gets you quickly from point A to B, but makes footstep sounds which makes you easy to pinpoint and prey on.

Vehicle usage

Being in a vehicle normally means relative safety, but headlights and engine sounds put a rather large target on your back

Flashlight, laser, and other weapon attachments

While great help in an engagement, they draw attention to your position and exact location.

[img-half]http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/battlelog/prod/61d099d23fe104fe673091d470c96970/en_US/blog/en/files/2015/08/20150811_BF4_Nightops2_atv_org.jpg?v=1439456003.08[/img-half]

RECOMMENDED COMBINATIONS AND COUNTERS

Smoke + Nightvision scopes

An oldie but goodie, chuck a smoke grenade into an area and using your night vision scope to pick off unsuspecting enemies. This works best in narrow passages, like the underground tunnel between C & D for instance.

Flare + LMG

Used as a Smoke + Nightvision counter, Flares negate the positive aspects of night vision scopes, and you’ll be able to blanket the area with bullets as it’s engulfed in smoke.

Flashbangs + Shotgun/PDW

A tactic viable in both and nighttime play. Using a flashbang against a night scope user gives you a significant advantage in the dark, even more so than using a flashbang under normal conditions. Clean it up with a well-placed shotgun blast and you’re deadlier than ever.

Dirty, dirty claymores & mines

Claymores are very effective at nighttime, especially if you are being hunted. Remember to use sounds to your advantage, or why not your flashlight? AT Mines are also very effective in negating that pesky tank, but they do have a new little red blinky light attached to them, so you’re not all out of luck if you’re controlling a vehicle if you keep your eyes peeled!

We hope that this information equips you the tools you need for the night time playstyle.

See you during the Graveyard Shift!

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

This will only work sir if they can truly pull of dark properly and not just make it so you can up your gamma for an advantage.

I've only seen 3 games implement dark properly

1. Planetside 2 (pre 1.9 patch where they ruined it)

2. Insurgency

3. The Witcher 1

Should be good, however if its anything like on the CTE its basically a gamma fix with messed up visuals when using thermals. Well see though fingers crossed id love nothing more than to have a bf4 that we can switch from day to night!!

Yeah I'm kind of hoping they treat it like levolution, where the night time fires at a certain point in the map, or triggered by an event. So you have to make some changes to your play style on the fly, but that may be asking a lot :D

That doesn't seem like to much at all! they do it already to a point on parcel storm. I think it would be great if we had actual transitions like that, even better question is in battlefront will we have nighttime laser battles!

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=

I saw a tweet from a DICE lighting engineer (or whatnot) that said that a few of the maps (in their current form) can't ship to the Gen3 consoles because they can't handle the number of dynamic lights. It's possible our PC release will be hindered by the technical capabilities of the Gen3 consoles because the DICE dev doesn't know whether or not they'll include the unmodified PC versions or ship all the same maps on all the same systems.

Link:

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=
I saw a tweet from a DICE lighting engineer (or whatnot) that said that a few of the maps (in their current form) can't ship to the Gen3 consoles because they can't handle the number of dynamic lights. It's possible our PC release will be hindered by the technical capabilities of the Gen3 consoles because the DICE dev doesn't know whether or not they'll include the unmodified PC versions or ship all the same maps on all the same systems.

Link:

Screwed by consoles again....still wanting to play Batman AK :-/

• 2 weeks later...
We going to put the night maps on our servers intel PA?

Definitely sir, I've been working overtime hours this week so had no chance yesterday. If i have team viewer running still in my pc I should be able to remote in and get it done while at work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Guest RET.TSgt.Warlord=US=
Unfortunately their software coding for the night mode isn't.... up to pair gentlemen, while it is definitely a nice change with the fog of war they added, if you turn up the gamma most of the darkness goes away but leaves you with the fog of war, almost as if the sun was rising through the early morning fog. I personally turn my gamma down even lower just to enjoy a more darker feel.

Teamviewer gets a thumbs up yet again from me :)

EA gets another thumbs down from me based on TSgt's comments. But I have yet to play it myself, so I guess I should withhold judgement ;)

Quick reminder, if you see our server showing as 'Custom' instead of 'Hardcore' please post that up. It kills our chances of popping, and seems to come up more often after big releases with server code changes.

How the night works in this map is, yes, increasing your gamma kind of cheats out the darkness, however, the night actually shifts from being bright lit with moonlight, to pitch black. If you increase your gamma to 100, then when it becomes moonlit, it is much too bright to see.

Interesting... could be a clever way of sabotaging those who rig their gamma. How often does the moon show up? Or is it a one-time change and people can adjust their settings once and get away with it?

It Slowly changes about 5 mins moonlit, 5 mins dark, and back and forth.

I dont find gamma rigging that useful also because the places that are dark, are like #FFFFFF black which isnt changed by gamma., where most places that are even slightly light, you usually can just track people's motion. The sheer amount of IRNV is astounding though, which makes flares SUPER Good

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=
#FFFFFF black

That is white though Pfc :P

I think there's not a lot you can do about people playing with their gamma to get rid of some of the effects, due to the nature of this setting. But at least the brightness is shifting enough so it's not exactly worthwhile to change the gamma value.

Guest Ret.CPO.heavyassault=US=

I personally think EA did a great job with the map, the fog present in the map makes gamma rigging very difficult since at high gamma setting the fog is too much to be able to play, for a night bases map lighting is everything and I feel they handled it well, on a chopper it is extremely difficult to get a view of the ground. Hope more maps get the night treatment.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Archived