New CPU, no signal

Guest CW4.Sharpz=US=

Guest CW4.Sharpz=US=

I have recently changed my CPU and now there is no video.

I have an Asus Sabertooth x79 and I have just put in a Intel Core i7-4930K.

Everything boots up, all the fans work ect. I took it out and put my old one in and it works fine.

Any suggestions?

Guest RET.SFC.MissM4yhem=US=

Sergeant, first thing I'd do is to re-seat everything in there and check all your power connections. Sometimes something gets jostled around, and the whole thing goes kaput.

Failing that, try flashing your BIOS.

Guest RET.SFC.MissM4yhem=US=

I'm pretty sure the Sabertooth uses Asus's USB Flashback option. Instructions here: http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

Should be able to find the needed files on Asus's site: http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=SABERTOOTH+X79 Put in your OS, then go down to the BIOS section and download the highest version number.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
During bootup, when do you lose video? When Windows starts loading, when it hits your desktop, or earlier? With your previous CPU, did you make use of any integrated graphics that Windows may be looking for now? If you can get the video to display as far as Windows in safe mode, could be worth wiping out all video drivers completely and rebooting in normal to let the OS start fresh.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
Put the old CPU in first....Flashing the BIOS is not that simple on ASUS now that they have the UEFI. You may need to download the ASUS AI Suite II V2.04.01 and use the ASUS update function within that program. Choose update from computer or desktop, browse, look for the file you unzipped called 4608.CAP(SABERTOOTH X79 BIOS 4608 ), then hit update and it will do the rest and restart then power up and restart and sit for 1 min (its flashing it) then boot back up.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
I also had this issue with my 3930k when I bought my MB, I did a UEFI flash and it worked after. If this doesn't work I would load safe mode and watch all the drivers load and see which one it stops on and goes black.

Archived