(#2 / Would you rather) of Capt.ShadowOp's weekly funhouse thread Game

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

Going to see if I can necro this as I had fun with it. Starting off simple, remember, the best answer gets to pose the next would you rather:

Would You Rather:

1. Have an unlimited amount to eat of things that were bland and tasteless.

or

2. Small portions of things are delicious but not enough to fill you up (you are always hungry)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hornet117

Easy boring answer for you on this one Major: Plenty of bland food thankyou very much.

Consistent with my reputation for being all work and no fun, I don't enjoy eating like most people seem to. Eating has actually always been a chore for me that I make myself do because if I don't my hand starts to shake and my head hurts. Otherwise...I generally have more important things to do than indulge myself in the ritual of sitting down to a full-course meal.

I don't have friends but my acquaintances think in weird.... well they're probably right. :p

Easy boring answer for you on this one Major: Plenty of bland food thankyou very much.

Consistent with my reputation for being all work and no fun, I don't enjoy eating like most people seem to. Eating has actually always been a chore for me that I make myself do because if I don't my hand starts to shake and my head hurts. Otherwise...I generally have more important things to do than indulge myself in the ritual of sitting down to a full-course meal.

I don't have friends but my acquaintances think in weird.... well they're probably right. :p

GySgt, The more I watch this show the more I think you are actually Captain Holt from Brooklyn Nine-Nine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvykviuVM_A

Another one for you GySgt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz2vDfsCy9s

Also he didn't really want the meat it turned out, he was just eating it as an avenue to connect with his detective in the end.

Yup sounds about right sir. Sadly I am forced to jump through these social hoops in order to "connect" with people so their feelings don't get hurt. We all know that people with hurt feelings always under-perform at whatever they are doing and as it is my RL job to get the most out of the employees of the business I work at...I find myself doing EXACTLY that quite often. Although...at least he seems to enjoy her company as best I can tell from that short clip.

Like smelling a candle I think eating something unique and tasty is an experience. I would go with the small amounts of food, that way at least I would enjoy it.

Guest CW4.Sharpz=US=

Incredible observation sir. I've never caught on to that!

I love taste. I love eating. I would pick number two and take the opportunity to explore all sorts of tastes and experiences.

Guest slackin
i love flavor i will try almost anything and mix almost anything to get unique flavor like mixing sriracha sauce and honey or peanut butter and a sweet/sugary bbq sauce when you dont have jam but im fat so unlimited bland food sounds like a more feasible option on my part for me

Forgot to announce the winner on this one. Given that it reminded me of one of my favourite shows.

GySgt.Hornet you get to do the next would you rather.

Guest Hornet117

Would you rather:

Never touch another Human again

OR

Never touch a computing electronic again. (cellphone, PC, Console, Ipad etc)

Guest RET.CWO2.Shortstacks=US=
computing electronic because who doesnt love a good letter, also im sure that i can get around that no touching rule

Guest RhinoTech

I agree with CWO, I'm sure even with today's technology advancements for physically impaired people that there is a way to use voice activated, retinal+motion controllers to interface with technology without having to physically touch it. Not to mention that there is a continuing trend to make technology easier to use for the handicapped.

that or I could just cut off someone's hands and use them like gloves & I suppose that technically counts as me not touching it. I just have to remember to put the lotion on the skin.

For the sake of this I'm going to make the assumption that "never use an electronic device again" is what was really implied.

In that case I would still have to go with that as my choice. As much as I love gaming and VR. The thought of complete removal from human contact I think would potentially drive me insane, or at least into a mass depression.

Ultimately there are many cool things you can do that are purely mechanical. I don't think we've evolved to the point where use of electronics is almost necessary, but human interaction is still one thing that for the most part is built into our DNA.

Even the most introverted will find a person that provides them that necessary connection that fulfills that innate desire.

I'm also not going to lie when I say there are certain things that you can't "yet" get from electronic devices that I'm not quite willing to give up..........

Guest RhinoTech

Tsk tsk tsk sir. Putting words in another's mouth by assumption.

Just to toss water onto a grease fire, I'll assume you meant "For the sake of variable interpretation of the 'would you rather' I assume:"

http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/36/35/6603dc5a9292104b44c349b85b5aaf7a-5-crazy-fan-theories-that-make-total-sense.jpg

LCpl what I actually meant was "For the sake of my response to make sense". If i had assumed that GySgt literally meant "touch electronics" I would just say, I'd wear latex gloves, which is a much less interesting scenario.

Guest Hornet117

I appreciate you all taking the time to lie down on my virtual couch. Having Copied and pasted your replies into my secure personnel files I would like to pass the baton on to the person with the shortest answer today if only to encourage more participation ;)

All yours Chief Shortstacks.

Guest RET.CWO2.Shortstacks=US=

1. Become a super athlete but your intelligence level can only go down

or

2. Become super smart but you cant get into any shape better than how you started

Guest Hornet117
Two absolutely! Brains over brawn any day. Now-days you might earn a little interest over being simply buff, but you earn respect for being mentally capable. At least, in my experience that is. Plus well, I'm not buff or anything but I'm reasonably toned so...yeah I'm good right where I am physically. :)

CWO2,

I would also go with intelligence. As long as you don't get some degenerative disease, for the most part your intelligence stays with you for a lifetime.

Whereas physical capability drops off quickly past 30.

Plus so long as you are in decent shape when you start you should be fine.

• 3 months later...

Rules

Would you Rather?

1. Never be able to speak again

or

2. Be able to speak but you have to say everything you are thinking / on your mind?

Guest CW4.Sharpz=US=
Number 2. I pretty much do that anyway (within moderation) and whilst sometimes it would get me into trouble, I would learn from it and maybe develop a much more positive attitude towards people and situations.

Number 2. I pretty much do that anyway (within moderation) and whilst sometimes it would get me into trouble, I would learn from it and maybe develop a much more positive attitude towards people and situations.

You do understand this means that if it crosses your mind that you have to say it right CWO2. That means you are walkign down the street and think man this person in front of me smells like cheese. You have to say it and they are gonna hear you. No more fake laughing at jokes, no more saving face, boom utter honesty 100% of the time all the time.

Guest CW4.Sharpz=US=
You do understand this means that if it crosses your mind that you have to say it right CWO2. That means you are walkign down the street and think man this person in front of me smells like cheese. You have to say it and they are gonna hear you. No more fake laughing at jokes, no more saving face, boom utter honesty 100% of the time all the time.

As long as I keep Push To Talk on Teamspeak, we are all good Maj (Who needs to go outside anyways?)

As long as I keep Push To Talk on Teamspeak, we are all good Maj (Who needs to go outside anyways?)

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/59416816.jpg

• 6 months later...
Rules

Would you Rather?

1. Have arms that move randomly every 5 minutes

or

2. Legs that move randomly every 5 minutes?

Pfc, do you know exactly when its going to happen? Or is it once randomly during every 5 minute chunk?

Archived