If you could have 1 super power?

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

Laser eye beams that you control and cut through anything, and xray vision! oldies but goodies

Going to have to call "thats two powers" on this one A1C.

As such I'll only comment on "laser eye beams".

This would be a worrisome power for me b/c I can see myself causing immense collateral damage.

"Let me just cut through this wall real quick.....and I killed 10 people standing in the other room"

• 1 year later...
I believe the 1st Sgt meant that he could control not only it's precision, but also it's range Sir.

You can't stop a laser once you send it out Pfc. The ability to fire them and the ability to stop them would be two entirely different powers.

Guest RhinoTech
I believe that lasers have an intensity and spectrum that can be controlled to allow for range of efficacy that would reduce penetration of materials. This is not something I would imagine requiring a second power, rather inherent control over the power.

Guest xNaruke
I would like to hear other people's thoughts. If I'm in an interview, it would benefit me greatly XD in other instances you can hear the need of people that usually cover things up and bottle it within, it sort of allows you to be a helping hand. I realise all may see it as intrusive etc but.... idc XD

I believe that lasers have an intensity and spectrum that can be controlled to allow for range of efficacy that would reduce penetration of materials. This is not something I would imagine requiring a second power, rather inherent control over the power.

I suppose Pfc, there are 2 superheroes that come to mind.

Superman who has quite a bit of control.

Cyclops who is just full power all the time (I was thinking more of this when i commented)

I would like to hear other people's thoughts. If I'm in an interview, it would benefit me greatly XD in other instances you can hear the need of people that usually cover things up and bottle it within, it sort of allows you to be a helping hand. I realise all may see it as intrusive etc but.... idc XD

PO3,

I would worry it would destroy the entire social dynamic that is "saving face". Think of all the negative things that go through your head on a daily basis. We can think these because we don't say them, they are purely for our own thoughts.

If you got to hear the negative quips about you on a daily basis it would quickly probably mess with you. Additionally no more surprises ever.

If you could turn it off, it would be very useful, if not it would be awful.

Guest PaulineIndex
A power known in Pathfinder as "Tongue of the Sun and Moon" it allows the person with the ability the capability to speak with (and understand) any living creature.

A power known in Pathfinder as "Tongue of the Sun and Moon" it allows the person with the ability the capability to speak with (and understand) any living creature.

High level abillity there A1C, just started a pathfinder group recently actually.

My worry about this power is does anything actually speak comprehensibly. For humans sure, but other living things probably only communicate in very basic concepts even if you could understand them.

The ability to know whatever you want 1 day prior to finding information ( predetermination ): IE: lotteries, accidents, projects, bid numbers, competition quotes etc.

Guest PaulineIndex
High level abillity there A1C, just started a pathfinder group recently actually.

My worry about this power is does anything actually speak comprehensibly. For humans sure, but other living things probably only communicate in very basic concepts even if you could understand them.

Humans speak comprehensibly of course and that's all I need. I don't know Korean, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, etc. That alone would be great, animals would just be a bonus if they could communicate higher concepts somehow.

The ability to know whatever you want 1 day prior to finding information ( predetermination ): IE: lotteries, accidents, projects, bid numbers, competition quotes etc.

1stSGt,

Would be boring not having a life with any risk. A few episodes of twilight zone deal with this topic.

Seems like an advanced version of Nicholas cages power from the movie "Next".

1stSGt,

Would be boring not having a life with any risk. A few episodes of twilight zone deal with this topic.

This is why the caption for whatever you wanted* to know, an ability to turn off is paramount same as reading minds! youde go nuts if it was on all the time. However if i just happened to know ahead of time what my competitors bids were or what buildings going up this could be handy ;)

1stSGt,

This is why the caption for whatever you wanted* to know, an ability to turn off is paramount same as reading minds! youde go nuts if it was on all the time. However if i just happened to know ahead of time what my competitors bids were or what buildings going up this could be handy ;)

True, you can give a monkeys claw downside to any super power as I have been trying to do 1stSGt hehe.

Guest RhinoTech
It's okay guise, my power reigns supreme. But, if I could have a nearly impractical super power, I would totally choose the ability to perfectly mimic someone's voice. I would entertain myself to no end making weird voices and noises. I'd definitely try to monetize it too.

Archived