Sound loop crash

Guest Taintid

Guest Taintid
As im sure you all know many people including myself are experiencing the sound loop crash. Just curious if anyone has found a temporary solution? I crash on Locker room, Paracel Storm and Dawnbreaker.

Guest RhinoTech

Reinstalled the game last night PV2, will check to see if that's all it takes to fix. Some updates mess up the game files :\

Edit: Nope, just played a game in lockers and SLC'd again.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
I thought this was tied to GPUs. Mine is GTX 660 TI, drivers up to date with latest game-ready (332.21). I don't think I've gotten SLC since updating drivers. I think the previous drivers were one of the 331.x releases. Can't remember which.

Guest I7arKFoX

I have done many things to try and fix this, I don't know which one worked. But I have not had problems as far is in middle of game crash loops like this since. here is what I did:

Most likely the main cause - Intel Integrated Graphics card and whatever graphics card you also added to your system. Apparently The Intel HD integrated graphics cards are built in with the motherboards and cannot be removed and the intel cards are built to automatically run using a certain amount of your RAM based on the needs of the system; a serious flaw for gamers. But for games like BF4, the card just can't take it, so we buy a new better graphics card. So now when we play, the two graphics cards collide with each other causing problems. Even though the card is supposed to recognize using our new graphics card as priority, I don't think we are that lucky.

You Must go to your device manager and disable your intel integrated graphics card. my guess is this is what fixed it for me. Though now 50% of the time when exiting a game I have to use task manager to exit cause my screen turns white upon quitting. But at least something weird happens when I decide for it to happen not in the middle of a game. Works fine otherwise.

I manually updated/reinstalled punkbuster from their website.

I deleted all Microsoft visual C+++ and reinstalled the latest version. (I noticed I had like 8 different versions in my files that I uninstalled)

I repair installed BF4.

I updated to the latest Beta Driver for AMD graphics cards, now I use the "Mantle system" they were talking about 2 updates ago. Its an option I can pick for my video settings now in game options.

I cleared up/uninstalled any junk programs I don't use using control panel.

So that is what I did, keep in mind that crash loop happened to me on certain maps : Dawnbreaker and paracel storm and it was like only 40% of the time. I just did this like 4 days ago and I haven't had a crash loop. But keep in mind it could still be there for me, I may just be lucky.

Also, I am not certified for anything in computers so do these things at your own risk. I am a googler/do-it-yourselfer with a theory that I will fix things on my own and if something goes wrong, I have the money to get it done correctly/buy something new in the worst case scenario if I messed my system up.

Guest Taintid
I'm running a GTX 760 and have a suspicion that Nvidia Graphic Cards are having this issue more than AMD. Did a repair on BF4 but have not had the opportunity to try and see if this helped.

Guest Taintid
Also, I am not certified for anything in computers so do these things at your own risk. I am a googler/do-it-yourselfer with a theory that I will fix things on my own and if something goes wrong, I have the money to get it done correctly/buy something new in the worst case scenario if I messed my system up.

SPC, I am exactly like you in that regard. I am by no means certified but I'd much rather diagnose, research and fix the problem myself. I have got pretty dang good at computers and often help my family and friends when they have trouble. This though, is beyond my knowledge.

Guest Taintid
I thought this was tied to GPUs. Mine is GTX 660 TI, drivers up to date with latest game-ready (332.21). I don't think I've gotten SLC since updating drivers. I think the previous drivers were one of the 331.x releases. Can't remember which.

Sir, i just did a GeForce Experience update check and although it had showed i was up to date with 332.21, i did a manual update check and sure enough there is a new driver. It's 334.89, odd.

Sir, i just did a GeForce Experience update check and although it had showed i was up to date with 332.21, i did a manual update check and sure enough there is a new driver. It's 334.89, odd.

Do you have the option selected to include beta drivers?

Guest Taintid
Do you have the option selected to include beta drivers?

I do not. I'm actually now sound loop crashing in Metro as well. I guess i'm stuck waiting for DICE to fix this issue. At least hey finally posted an acknowledgment and are working on it.

EDIT: I try to stay away from Beta drivers unless it has a specific "game profile" update pertaining to a game i play. Too much hassle to rollback if i encounter errors.

The fact that they've acknowledged it is a good thing. Really, any trouble you can reproduce consistently across diverse hardware setups, different networks, and multiple OS', but all in the same game.... yeah it's the game lol.

Doesn't stop me from looking forward to DLC when I get home today. Now... if only my roof would stop leaking so I can get to playing Battlefield lol

Nah, flat roof (balcony) over that section + big snowfall + higher temps + a bit of wood rot at the door leading to the balcony = lots of snow melting all at once and some found its way through the wood and apparently somehow through the flashing.

Archived