New Update available!

Guest Hypo

I am pretty excited for this new update. I did a little research and it may be a chance for DICE to start downloading files in preparation for Second Assault. There are some things they address in the patch, but after looking around I think Second Assault is coming out within the first 2 weeks of February.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493815503479/

One addition I am curious to use is:

-Users can now configure and control themselves how many CPU cores should be used in the game with the new “Thread.MaxProcessorCount” settings in User.cfg.

Lets see how it goes...

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

Overall it sounds good, but I'm not too happy about this change:

-Increased the damage of all DMRs across all ranges. Specifically, damage has been increased at long ranges to allow three-hit kills against unarmored opponents. Additionally, reduced the penalty to accuracy for sustained DMR fire, allowing more rapid follow up shots in combat. The amount of the damage increase varies from weapon to weapon, according to its intended range, rate of fire, and damage. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of DMRs in combat, and determine if additional action is needed to make DMRs a viable mid to long range weapon.

Usually I am dead when I hear the second shot and already have no time to return fire or seek cover. Now this thing will even more be a beast...

-Significantly reduced the duration of the black screen when spawning in, and fixed the issue with players getting killed before being in-game

That however is a great fix, that was something that bothered me every time I played on hectic servers (like lockers) and really often got me killed without even seeing anything at the first hand.

Guest Halabrad
PO2., if you wait they will be releasing a shotgun and DMR shortcut pack later this month for player appreciation. Unlocks all the weapons

Usually I am dead when I hear the second shot and already have no time to return fire or seek cover. Now this thing will even more be a beast...

PO3, if you're dead in two shots then you're getting killed by someone who's actually skilled with it and that will be unaffected by the change. I can't remember the last time I was actually killed by one. I gave up on leveling them pretty quickly also. It seemed like they did too little damage too slowly to be better than an assault rifle and were too inaccurate and did too little damage to be better than a sniper rifle. They needed the change. Good snipers are always going to force you to play around them and bad snipers will always annoy you when you get killed by them (because hearing a guy miss you 8 times before he kills you is just SO vexing lol). Just keep moving and zig zag as randomly as possible. :)

Guest CI3arrage
PO2., if you wait they will be releasing a shotgun and DMR shortcut pack later this month for player appreciation. Unlocks all the weapons

That is awesome Sir. Does the unlock just unlock all of the weapons and you have to get the attachments yourself?

Archived