Pretty impressive VR news

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

I've been following the Oculus Rift development for quite a long time, and as soon as there's a HD-version of it I'll buy it.

The VR development has been so huge the last couple of years, I'm so excited to see what's still to come.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
I can just imagine being totally exhausted after 10 minutes of running only to die and do it all over again.

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=
I can just imagine being totally exhausted after 10 minutes of running only to die and do it all over again.

Just imagine what kind of shape your heart will be in after just a few weeks of playing with all that VR technology ;)

Guest Halabrad
if anyone has seen the anime Sword Art Online, they take VR to a whole different level. With the way that VR is advancing it might one day be possible to be fully immersed in a virtual game (at least I would really hope so)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTtfAQEeAJI

My brother already told me he will definitely buy both the Omni, as well as the Rift once they are public. I am also going to purchase the Rift, if not also the Omni!

PO3, I was part of the the omni kickstarter, one of the first 100 purchased. Expecting mine any month now :D

Though in retrospect if i hadn't already bought one i may have chosen to wait for the cybertith virtulizer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPyqGQYNspk

No extra shoes to buy and you can crouch.

Guest StealthF117
Holy mess how much is that thing. I've been dreaming about that since I was 5 years old. And you can lose weight in the process!

Guest CI3arrage
I think i will stick to the conventional methods of exercise and gaming. They look cool though but i can't see them taking off. How much does all that stuff cost sir?

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

The Omni is now available for pre-order for $499 (+$150 shipping to Europe/Germany at least). I don't know exactly how much the Rift is, but I think it's $399

@1stLt: I've already seen videos of someone crouching in the Omni, the harness might have sensors for that (you can also jump around in it). Not needing to wear those shoes is great though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@1stLt: I've already seen videos of someone crouching in the Omni, the harness might have sensors for that (you can also jump around in it). Not needing to wear those shoes is great though.

You can crouch in game using the omni by leaning over or sitting. The sensor is designed to detect a lean as a crouch and I believe it can detect sitting a crouch but you can't physically crouch due to the harness not being able to go any lower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTtfAQEeAJI

At the 1:40 second mark you can see him sit, but see how the static arms prevent a true crouch, the cyberith allows for this by allowing free upward and downward movement in the harness. You can also set stoppers in the 3 cyberith arms to facilitate sitting as well.

Overall I think the dream tread would be the cyberith virtulizer harness and arm support with the omni base. Thought he omni does require shoes overall the running seems a lot smoother and more natural. With the cyberith it looks like you have to put some force into walking.

I think i will stick to the conventional methods of exercise and gaming. They look cool though but i can't see them taking off. How much does all that stuff cost sir?

The omni was 400 for me b/c i got it for the kick starter. I won't be using it for anything I want to do well at b/c obviously it will be a disadvantage and I didn't really get it for excercise

I bought it b/c I love immersion in gaming, actually stepping into the shoes of a character.

I will primarily be using this in RPG's and other single player exploration titles.

Archived